Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC]  World Society Conference on the Early Warning System of Artemis

Headquarters of the World Society
Messelia, Sartoria

"This can be solved with a team sent to all satellites to perform reprogramming at their source, with member nation consent and assistance of course, and would be of great use to the secondary, and perhaps far more important component to the entire system: the computers that process all gathered data and generate orbital path predictions off of it."

Antonia Ferraioli listened to the Septiman diplomat, carefully considering what was being said. She'd had a meeting earlier that day with Ambassador Giarrizzo to discuss the issue of early warning systems. It was well-known in military circles that the current system was deficient, certainly nothing suitable for the end of the 1st century. The question was, of course, if Sartoria was comfortable with sharing control of its system with other countries, particularly a fellow superpower like Septima. She was informed that the Privy Council would insist on a high level meeting to further discuss the issue, so no definitive answers could be provided at this meeting; still, the willingness to consider a unified system was there, and she was instructed to convey that sentiment.

"Minister Counselor Fekete, I thank you for convening this meeting. If I may introduce myself, I am Antonia Ferraioli, Minister with the Sartorian Mission to the World Society. I can tell you that Sartoria is aware of the issues with the disjointed management of early warning systems. We agree that this is an issue of key importance to our planetary defence and that it must be resolved with the utmost promptitude."

She paused, taking a breath and considering her next words. "I am at liberty to continue with a discussion on the possibility of a unified early warning system, but I must clarify that my government will insist on a high level meeting on the specifics of the unified system's management, as well as the manner in which individual systems will be updated. You will understand that, as of today, each of our systems is managed at the national level, and therefore there need to be some confidence-building discussions to ensure that all interests are being considered."

Messages In This Thread
RE: World Society Conference on the Early Warning System of Artemis - by Justinian Kalominos - 06-06-2020, 11:24 PM