Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Lopolia: A Nation

Federation of Lopolia

Ex multis, libertatis

IC:

Congratulations! You have just won a seat in our country's Parliament!... Excuse me, but who are you again?

Code:
[b]Name (Can be forum name or an invented one):[/b]
[b]Province (just invent a name):[/b]

Voting for a President and a Prime Minister will begin in fourteen days! Reclaim your seat before it's too late!

OOC:

Basically, I created this nation:

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=Lopolia

And all the issues that come up in that nation will be up to vote.

There will be a seven-day period to organize and fuse parties, and another seven-day period to elect the President and the Prime Minister. No issues will be resolved at this time. This process will be set in motion seven days after this thread is posted (Today is November 5, and this process will be activated on November 12).

Every 6 months there will be a "general election" by Parliament, in which the process mentioned above will be repeated.

The President is in charge of handling cabinet appointments: Vice President, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Homeland Affairs, Minister of the Military, Minister of the Environment, Minister of Security Forces, Minister of Intelligence, Minister of Education, Minister of Health and Healthcare and Minister of Welfare(an MP can occupy up to 5 Minister seats, because I don't really expect a lot of people will join this).

The President is also in charge of handling war issues and issues of domestic threat. This DOES NOT apply to any budget or normal issues about these two topics. JUST issues related to possible movement of troops or diplomacy with other NS nations or terrorist organizations (examples: the Brasilistan issue, terrorist-related issues)

The President has a vote in Parliament like any other MP.

The Prime Minister heads the government, and appoints the following: Speaker of Parliament and Deputy Ministers of the Ministries mentioned above.

The Prime Minister signs the laws passed in Parliament, and has a vote in Parliament like any other MP. If the Prime Minister refuses to sign a bill, the proposal will pass to the President, who's signature or veto will surpass or solidify the Prime Minister's decision. This denial by both, however, can be overriden with a 60% majority appeal vote in Parliament.

Name: Fornoire
Province: Leosgarde Province

Name:Draka (I'm assuming this is the name of the person I play as)
Province:Sharan Province

(11-05-2016, 02:37 PM)Kitty Cat Paradise Wrote: Name:Draka (I'm assuming this is the name of the person I play as)
Province:Sharan Province

Approved! Welcome to the Lopolian Parliament!

Name: Lawrence d'Orens (31, Married to Olivia d'Orens, 2 children. 6 year old boy named Lucas and 10 year old girl named Cynthia)
Province: Antara

(11-06-2016, 06:38 PM)Noveaux Wrote: Name: Lawrence d'Orens (31, Married to Olivia d'Orens, 2 children. 6 year old boy named Lucas and 10 year old girl named Cynthia)
Province: Antara

[I think I'll try, if that's okay?]

Name: Phoebe
Province: Ataegina

Name: Ivan Bonaparte
Province: Ulmer

(11-08-2016, 09:00 PM)Aethelia Wrote: [I think I'll try, if that's okay?]

Name: Phoebe
Province: Ataegina

(11-08-2016, 09:52 PM)Hentail Wrote: Name: Ivan Bonaparte
Province: Ulmer

Name: Dimitri Calazanov
Province: Nordus