Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Kauzka-Procellia meeting [IC]

Dras Ishay waited patiently in the dining hall, looking out the windows at the quickly melting snow. On the table lay a small selection of books he'd collected for his guest.

The bags under his eyes revealed the early morning he'd had, called awake to deal with yet another threat of mutiny among the royalist party. It really was amazing how hard it was to corral the lot of them, and this had been over a bill to keep providing medical support in Greece.

But he did his best to hide his fatigue, sipping on a cup of strong tea to get some caffeine into his blood.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Sasaufe walked into the dining hall and sat next to the Dras. 'You okay?' She asked 'you look exhausted'

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"Oh yes of course" He replied drinking some more of the tea "I just had an early morning is all. But enough self pity did you enjoy your trip to the library?"

As he talked two female soldiers entered the room and dropped off two piping hot bowls of soup and a carafe of black tea. The soup was very thick, and filled with noodles and greens that looked almost alien to an outsider's eyes.

'Yes I did, me and my steward learned a fair bit about your nation, I was quite fascinated by the legend of how you came to worship demons, would you mind elaborating on it as those sort of religious stories are unfamiliar to me' Sasaufe said and took a sip of the soup, once again analysing the taste and finding it quite to her liking.

"Ah yes, of course I would love to tell you about it" he said grateful for the distraction. He took a moment to regain his composure before reciting the story he had known since the day of his birth.

"According to legend the empire began as a single walled town on the island of Procellia (for which the city was named), which was ruled by a wise and kind dynasty of rulers. For over a hundred years the town grew, expanding to cover half of the island and during this time the people came to love their rulers. This love was put to the test when their third ruler, King Obbal died. The day after his death, as the people mourned before the altars of their gods a high priest came crying from the temple to announce to the people that the gods had banished the King to hell because he was too proud.

The people of the town were enraged at their beloved leader being shunned by the gods, denied their audience. For two years the city fell into a faith crisis, with several holy men being burned alive for expressing support for their King's banishment. It is said that as the town prepared to burn the last priest at the stake the fire at his feet began to change form, refusing to burn the man. From these strange flames emerged a monstrous beast of hell, thirty feet tall and so deformed he resembled no known things.

The creature announced himself to be the king of hell, and he was displeased at the lies spread by the gods. The beast shouted at the shaking citizens for their rash behavior and the killing of those who were ignorant of the truth. For the next six days the king of hell sat among the Procellians and taught them the true nature of things. That the gods were vile and sadistic, whereas the demons accepted all into their halls with open arms. That the gods demanded perfection from those on the planet, but demons embraced imperfections and did not judge those who were harmlessly different such as the witches, twins, disabled, birth marked, homosexuals and others who had been sacrificed to appease the gods in years past.

The nameless king declared that if the people of Procellia bowed to him and his kind, then he would bless the land and protect them. With tears of joy everyone from the Procellian King to the animals bowed to accept his offer. Satisfied of their devotion he touched the new human King, turning his skin white, his eyes red and his hair whiter still.

"I and my kind shall make deals with the souls of the unborn, and those who we choose to rule you will be given this mark. The priests of this nation shall forever seek out those we have marked, and we shall tell them what the destiny of the marked are."

And thus, as the story goes, the king of hell left the Procellians. And in celebration they marked that year as the start of their calendar so all may remember and celebrate their eternal oaths with the demons."

'So I take it you are the result of this' Sasaufe said 'I see that your faith isn't based on philosophy or trying to explain the unexplainable like much of the Latin and Selene religions, but instead on actual proof' Sasaufe touched his hand 'the people are always reminded of the religion and are constantly proved of its truth by you, and yet people are so ignorant that Procellia still has a large atheist population; it tells you something about human nature doesn't it, always trying to find our own way, always trying to be independent' Sasaufe looked down at her own hands 'even I'm like this, Kauzka now has a pick and choose system with three options. You know what; I'm going to change, the 'it' belief of Trakhi is fine but the rest is questionable. This is the second time I've seen proof of your religions truth, and one was with me as soon as I entered the airport. I'm changing now, a hybrid religion, with the 'it' of Trakhi and the demons of your religion, those are now my beliefs, if only I could see this King of Hell. But anyway, my people must not know about this yet, I will tell them in my own time, make sure my guards and steward do not hear of this but in the meantime; how do I join your 'church'?'

The Dras smiled widely at the unexpected conversion "Yes our religion is very different from those of most of the world. Demonism is about embracing the self, and humbleness."

He paused to take a sip of tea before resuming "As for joining the religion that is actually pretty straight forward. You just go to the shrine of the particular demon you intend to swear loyalty to and announce your intentions. Most followers of Demonism only worship two or three from the pantheon. The king of demons and generally the demon that protects their town or city. As the head of the religion I can assure you privacy at any shrine of your choosing"

'Is there one in the city?' Sasaufe asked 'and when I announce my intentions should say that I'll still believe in 'it'? I mean we don't worship 'it' we just believe in it so should I tell the demon that?'

"Well Procellia City is protected by the King of Demons, so you've already seen our shrine. I can see if there is a demon who is protecting foreigners if you'd like." The Dras explained "As for your declaration you can do it however you wish, just be respectful. The priestess of the shrine will tell you if the demon accepts your request."

Thinking it over he added "but don't worry to much my friend. The only rigid doctrine is on the demons themselves, beyond that most everyone has different ideas. Many Demonists even believe in gods, Urru is a good example of that."

(Ooc: The religion is very similar to Shinto. So everyone has different beliefs, the only shared beliefs are related to the royal families and specific demons)

'Ok thanks' Sasaufe said 'perhaps later today we can do that, but for now let's just finish lunch' she took another spoonful of the soup and sucked a noodle into her mouth, smiling at him like a cheeky child.