Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Nationalist Alliance

OOC: Ok. I'll hold off on that for now. Any chance of those deliberations getting done soon? Because to be honest, I don't really even want to do this military organization right now, I'm just doing it to keep activity up since we can't build an arctic base right now.

OOC:

Deliberations are stalled because Justinian has been busy IRL. A piece of advice I can give is this: NATO itself took years to form and over a decade to take shape into something strong. As your alliance formed just this year in canon that means that quickly laying all the ground work of a working alliance isn't likely to take place.

My suggestion is to do the following:

-Declare what the exact purpose of this alliance is,

-All nations within have to sign a charter? So maybe figure out what that binding document of your alliance is. I mean I assume you would have something like that but I could of course be wrong there,

-Figure out the organization of the Alliance itself. For example, the Tripartie to which Noveaux belongs has a rotating 5 year presidency among its members. This President oversees the day-to-day running of the Tripartie, makes sure everything is running smoothly and facilitates high level talks among member nations whenever necessary. This will also help lay the ground work for what exactly the "Alliance" is responsible for and what each member nation is responsible for. For example NATO requires all member states to spend 2% of their GDP on their military budget, not all do and since nothing bad has happened to those that don't there is discontent among those that do for they feel as though they are "picking up the tab" it would be interesting to see IC if any nation's had such an issue.

-Determine if there is a nation or a group of nations that clearly stand against what you believe and begin discussions on what stance this alliance would take towards them. Such as direct engagement or perhaps containment like the US did to the Soviet Union.

-Remember that not all your nation's border one another, so history with one another is a bit more complex. This means you're gonna need to explain why this alliance came about by your nations. The Tripartie for example came out of long standing friendships and other agreements between Sekia, Noveaux and Eraphalia so naturally we moved to closer cooperation across all levels. Unlike your alliance, the Tripartie doesn't focus on the military and instead on closer economic, cultural and technological cooperation, though the military is for sure in there. It is that close history together that allowed my alliance to form and I will say that some wonder why some nations (other than ideology) would work with others.

-Letting this thread have lulls in activity isn't a bad thing so long as you guys are active in other threads! I'd say formulate some RP ideas, set dates for important things that have happened with this Alliance or will happen.

If you guys need any help, tips or suggestive pointers I'm always gonna be up to the task to assist in any way I can. I will say that Arctic/Antarctic Bases are probably gonna end up a no-go due to Selene. A Research base is one thing but those tend to be small and declared internationally, and thus would be under constant scrutiny by the international community. So a Secret Base just isn't likely, but at this time I won't say it's completely ruled out.

OOC:
Wow.
That's really detailed. We're got our work cut out for us.
Thanks for the tips! We'll start working on that.

And to other members of the alliance, do you guys want to have a meeting IC to talk about stuff like this?

Mabye, That could be a possible option.