Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Nationalist Alliance

The Drewish Empire has called for all its allies to join in one alliance. This alliance would be both economic and military, as it creates a collective defense system, as well as stimulates free trade between its members. After sending this message to the Empire's allies, Christopher Stachowiak, Imperator of the Empire, eagerly awaits the responses of the other nations.

"Of course, for the protection of the Solteks, and both of our nations' people," said Yutan. "I will dissolve the Soltek Pact, and join the Nationalist Alliance." Millions of citizens cheer as a new age of Soltek dominance appears on the horizon.

At a speech after a special gladiatorial games match in Arena Majoris, emperor Cassius Zeno had this to say: "As you may have heard, the Drewish Empire has proposed and alliance." "This would include not only us and them, but also our neighbors the Sol Federation, Ezkanteia, an Imperial Military Greece." "I, your divine emperor, accept this alliance not only for our nation, but for the other nations as well, to usher in a new age of dominance and power in the southwest." There was much adulation.

Imperator Stachowiak has made the following statement about the alliance's organization: "I think in our alliance, each nation should have one vote. When the alliance is asked to do something, such as go to war, a two thirds vote for it should decide that we do that action. As the first vote of our alliance, I vote that we co-fund an Arctic research base. It would yield enormous scientific benefits, and it would be a symbol of our power and wealth."

"Yes, but we should secretly build a military base as well," said Yutan. "There is no international law against this, so we might as well do it before it's created. But I still like the idea of the research base, so I give one vote to this!"

Cassius agrees, saying: "We would benefit in more ways if we had a military base and a reaserch station as well."

OOC

Pardon me gentlemen.

I'm asking you to please HALT the conversation around Arctic Bases for the time being as Justinian, Constantine and Myself will begin to discuss the Superpower Selene's longterm and old Foreign Policy. As we flesh out what Selene's past policy was and treaties that are likely to have been signed or policies enshrined we will discover that some parts of canon may need to be reset and reworked to better fall in line with said efforts. One such situation is the Arctic Bases of which this group currently discusses. As such that is why we are asking that this portion of the discussion be put off till a later date once that canon has been set.

Thank you for understanding.

-Noveaux
--RP Adviser for the region of Selene.

Ok

Do you have any idea how long these deliberations will take?

We will discuss them on Tuesday.

With that being said, Noveaux's post does not prevent the discussion of the Alliance from taking place. It only prevents discussion on arctic bases.