Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: Karknar or Oscad
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Karknar
25.00%
1 25.00%
Oscad
50.00%
2 50.00%
Neither
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Karknar or Oscad, Tyranny by few, or by majority.

Hills Outside the Stronghold, The Militias Encampment.

'Look Fryath, over there at the entrance, it looks like...' a lookout by the name of Thrui paused to look through here binoculars 'messenger, alone doesn't look very heavily armed'.
Fryath replied 'get the signaler, what was his name... Yuriea, to send out a party of 15 men to bring him in. Watch their every move, if he pulls out a weapon sound the retreat horn' he gestured to a large horn that lay on a table in his tent.
The soldiers saw the signal and after a few minutes of decision making sent out the fifteen men, whom, after hearing the sounds of gunshots that they presumed, correctly, had wiped out their friends, promptly drew their weapons for the walk down the hill to the messenger. 
After the short five minute walk which had been shortened by the fact that the man was moving towards them also, they met up with him and talked. 'What happened to the people we sent inside your goddamned fortress?!' one of the soldiers said, nearly yelling and pressing his gun to the mans cheek. 'Well in fact that is part of your message, although I was told to give it straight to your commander, or, whoever you have in charge here' the messenger said in a calm voice.
'I don't give a shit what your orders are, you tell me right here, right now, or I blow your fucking head off!' the soldier said.
'Calm down Neir, if you kill him we won't get the information and I'm sure Fryath will inform us of what happened to Harada and the others, you need to control your feelings for a second here and think rationally' another soldier said. Neir took a deep breath and then removed his gun from the mans cheek. 'Alright, but you pull anything funny and I'll kill you' he said to the man as they began walking up the hill.

Fryath hesitated 'so your saying Karknar wants to make this Island a separate territory from Oscad? Like another country?'
'Yes he prefers to avoid any more violence between our countries, with the raids actually being conducted to lure you here so that we could have this discussion, he also wishes that you let everyone you captured on your way here go, as they are mostly farmers and the like and were only pretending to be soldiers.' the messenger, who's name turned out to be Drak, said.
'So you mean Karknar has no army?' Fryath asked.
'Well of course not, his entire army is inside the stronghold, waiting to defend from any hostile threat, that is why all of you men died as soon as they entered the stronghold' Drak replied.
'Hmm, alright, the purpose of this war was to get Karknar to stop attacking our coastal cities so as long as we have assurance that no more hostile action will be taken against Oscad, then we will leave'
'You have my assurance, it was but a lure' Drak replied.
'Alright, you can return to your home, we will begin departing the area and should be off the island in three days at most' Fryath said and dismissed Drak.
The Oscadans then departed Karkara and left, a vote soon occurred on the subject of Karknar wanting to split from Oscad. The results are as follows.

For the split: 49.7%
Against the split: 49.3%

"So, two ambassadors walk into an embassy, right?" Marco 'Smiley' Malone started his joke with the usual plattitude. 

"Two ambassadors" was a common satirical joke in Muterra, almost as common as "Guys walk into a bar" everywhere else.

Yako Foxx, the Devart ambassador, had heard his Toadlerone counterparts tell him this kind of joke many times before. The precise reason Lady Broadside had sent him was because he had survived this joke the most often. The reason The Don had sent Marco was expressly because he was the best at telling this joke.

See, whenever a Toadlerone ambassador made his opponent see everything from his point of view, he'd begin his grand jape. Whenever a diplomat told it, "Two Ambassadors" became less "Guys walk into a bar" and more "The Aristocrats". The setup and the punchline were almost always the same, but the twist came in the middle.

"Huh, what happens?" Yako reached into his pocket and walking up the stairs and into the small private jet.

Marco slid the door shut behind him, and Yako could feel air move next to his ear. The click of a long, sharp switchblade was sickeningly loud at this distance.

"Only one walks out."

"I figured." The wiseguy drew first, Yako knew he'd have to resort to Plan B if he didn't want to get Trotsky'd, "But, what if we both walked out this time?... Or at least until we reach some airspace with confirmed diplomatic immunity?"

Yako slowly pulled a grenade out of his pocket, trying to look like he knew what he was doing... All those classes in the use of concealed baton had proved useless...

"You're serious, huh?" Marco smiled, "All or nothing? Broad's never pulled this one before..."

"Yeah. I'll blow up this plane over international waters and and screw Muterra on the diplomatic front for years if you make a move."

"Not pullin' the pin with the same thumb, you ain't."

Yako found that the punchline was quite piercing.

"Any attendants on this thing? Yako seems to have spilled his drink..."

Behind closed doors, if Oscad would have him, a sketchy-looking diplomat may or may not have offered some support in the branches of militiary and intelligence on behalf of the Toadlerone Family, should Karknar decide to start making noise. An edge, if perchance this Rebel Baron wanted to play at breaking the stalemate. If not, it would be a pleasant plane-ride back to Muterra, however tough it might be to break the news to his capo.