Region of Selene

Full Version: Karknar or Oscad, Tyranny by few, or by majority.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oscad, tried of the endless killings, prisoner takings and loss of land performed by Karknar and his raiders, have finally mobilized the militia against them. The militia consists of men and women who wish to serve their country, but in order to do so have to come under the command of the people for the duration of the war. The militia is run like a representative democracy, with the people that make up the militia, voting on which generals get to command them, based on skill and their reputation.
There are approximately 15,000,000 people that have signed up for the militia, although only 300,000 are being mobilized for this war.
Karknar has control of the whole of the north west island, the homeland of the Orscradans (now Oscadans).
Karknar has 220,000 people in his military, although 50,000 of them are used for raids and offense, while 170,000 are used to guard the island, with 20,000 in his stronghold alone.
Karknar routinely tortures and kills innocent people, and his raiders do unspeakable acts during the raids.
Karknar is an anarchist, but guides his raiders to prime targets for them to pillage and share with everyone else.
Oscad is anarchic-communist and see Karknar as a deceiving dictator.

Which side will you choose? Karknar, who may turn to dictatorship or perhaps and oligarchy. Or Oscad which has devolved partially into a tyranny by majority and whos actions are extremely xenophobic and sometimes unpredictable.
The Sol Federation will not involve itself in this affair, with its leader, Edward Yutan, stating, "There is no group that we support. They're all a bunch of savages anyways, we have more important matters to focus on."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leader JEM of Aethelia supports Oscad, partly out of greater fear of Karknar's future plans.
However, not feeling entirely trustful of Oscad either, Aethelia is only willing to trade with Oscad for immediate mutual gain: No free aid, nor any trade for a future 'promise'.
Oscad has advanced into the northeast island and is closing in on Karknar's stronghold. There have been minimal casualties among the Oscadan Militia, with the opposition being mostly raiders without a leader.
His majesty the Emperor of Ezkanteia has declared public support for Karknar, believing that nobody should be shamed for "alternative political systems", nor for containing the spread of a vile leftist haven. On the topic of human rights violations, the emperor simply claimed that certain sacrifices had to be made to ensure a total victory.
Fornoire has declared that it will send medical aid and nothing more to the Oscadians, believing that they are "the lesser of the two evils"
The Drewish Empire has offered military assistance to Oscad. However, this military aid would be contingent upon the Oscadan government reducing trade tariffs, as well as promoting fair trade between Oscad and the Drewish Empire.
Oscad has thanked Fornoire for the assistance and has placed the Drewish Empires offer on standby, saying that 'we do not need military assistance at the moment, but we may in the days to come'. They are almost at Karknars Stronghold, although the way most of the raiders and people of Karknar surrendered easily has the Generals suspicions rising 'they have something I know it, he wants us to get to the stronghold'.
Karknars Stronghold, Karkara, Oscad.

Karknar sipped from a glass of fine wine, made by his own people in one of his great vineyards, while Darot, his military adviser and top general, reported the latest on the war. 'The Oscadans have almost reached your stronghold, the raiders and people of Karkara surrendered as orders, they are ready for the signal to rally and flank the Oscadan Militia on your command'.
'Good, how are the projects coming along? From report 1-34 I gathered that Project 'Spider' was coming along nicely with this event with the Oscadans furthering its usefulness' Karknar replied.
'Yes sir, they will be ready for release as soon as the Oscadans reach the stronghold, although I must say. My information team jacked some signals and found that several countries are offering them aid'
'None on our side I take it?' 
'Actually yes there is one, Ezkanteia, has publicly stated their alignment towards us, saying that anyone who stood against a left wing haven should be supported, so there is always them if it comes to that'.
'Well I doubt it will in any case, now on to the topic of...'  Karknar paused as a tired looking guard ran into the room.
'They're here, the Oscadan Militia, they have some artillery and are about to...' He was cut of as the ground shook, due to the Oscadans shooting explosive shells into the stronghold. Karknar stood up. 'Good job for reporting here soldier, get back to the walls with your division and give 'em hell'. The soldier ran back out of the room and Karknar, pushing buttons on a keypad which opened a door in the wall, said to Darot 'you know what to do, rally the air-force and anti-artillery and I'll get the scientists to execute Project 'Spider'.

Gara looked out of his visor. 'It's heavy' he growled to the scientist that stood in front of him. 'Don't worry you can handle it, you'll be out there soon with the others in the battle and won't feel it'.
'Why was I awoken?'
'The Oscadans have touched the web' the scientist said and Gara understood.
'So the time has come, for me to fill my purpose. But again I wonder if we will be able to stop them, there are only 20 of us'
'Well they don't call you super soldiers for nothing'.
The Hills Outside Karknars Stronghold, The Militias Encampment.

Fryath looked at the shells being fired into Karnars stronghold, confused. 'Hold fire' he said to the signaler next to him, who then signaled for the artillery to stop firing. The landscape was silent once again, Fryath's ears ringing from the sudden change in volume. 'Their up to something I know it, are the defenses down?' he asked the signaler. 
'Yes they are Fryath' the signaler said, already holding up his flags as he anticipated the order.
'Send in some men, scout it out, there's something strange going on here and I want to know what it is'.

Streets of Karknars Stronghold.

Gara holstered and drew his pistol, growing restless in the silence. Him and his team were lined up, waiting for the Ocadans to enter the stronghold. Gara's ears pricked up as he heard a step in the distance, and a foreign voice that was quickly shushed by another. He signaled for half of the team to go by rooftop, while the others followed him. They nodded and he jogged forward quietly with half while the others climbed up the building they were near. Gara made a hand signal and him and the soldiers following him engaged their cloaks. Gara leaned around the next building, almost invisible, and saw a team of 15 Oscadans. They had automatic rifles and pistols, but not much in the way of armor. Gara tilted his head up and saw the other half of his team on a roof across from him, looking down on the Oscadans. Gara signaled for the rest of his team to wait, and then walked into the open uncloaked.
The Oscadans spied him instantly, they got behind cover and one was even reckless enough to shoot at him. The bullet hit him in the leg, but didn't fully penetrate his armor fortunately. Gara then spoke, fulfilling the next part of the plan. 'I am Gara' he said, talking in a voice muffled by his helmet 'right now I have 9 more soldiers like me around this building and 10 more above you' the Oscadans looked up to see the others. 'If you comply, you will be able to leave, but shoot again and you will all be killed' Gara waited to see if they would shoot 'alright, you need to leave and take a message to whoever is in charge of your army, tell them that there are many more like me and if you don't leave the island now, we will come and slaughter you'. 
The Oscadans seemed to comply, but then one swiftly turned around and shot Gara in the chest. He looked down and saw blood drain out of the wound. He looked at them and keeled over, dead. The rest of the super soldiers shot up the man and then the rest of the Oscadans. The sound echoed over the hills, signaling their death.
Pages: 1 2