Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

The Federated Kingdom of Akarus

History of Akarus
Early History

[Image: Z8dMMfn.png]
Expansion of Akarus from the foundation of the early Kingdom to the creation of the Akarusian Empire.

The foundation of Akarus is traditionally dated to 502 CE, during the reign of King Sigurd I Rijk. During his lifetime Sigurd I greatly expanded the early kingdom's hegemony over the Andleric lands, and would later be crowned "King of the Andlers". Under subsequent rulers the kingdom continued to expand, conquering the eastern Colbenes and spreading its influence over the many Rykenian fifedoms.

Over the following centuries Andler would continue to spread eastward. Its expansion would put it in continual conflict with its rival, the Kingdom of Kapel. The two kingdoms fought for centuries for control over Rykene and Einde. Under King Esulf I Akarus and its allies successfully defeated Kapel, significantly reducing its territory and annexing their Colbene allies.

In 941 Frethirik I the Great (often known as "Frederik" or "Frederick") was elected as King of Andler. His reign was a period of great expansion for the Kingdom; Frederik subjugated the Einde kingdoms and finished the northern expedition that conquered the remaining Rykenian tribes. In the legendary Battle of Otterloo he decisively defeated the Kapelgians, seizing their western territory and reducing the Kingdom to a mere tributary of Andler.

To reflect his newfound power, in 972 Frederik would found the Empire of Akarus and declare himself Keizer (Emperor) of Akarus. While the early empire included only the kingdoms of Andler, Einde, and Rykene later Emperors continued to expand its borders to include its tributaries in Kapel, northern Rykene and the island of Alttrier.

Messages In This Thread
The Federated Kingdom of Akarus - by Tek - 09-11-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: The Federated Kingdom of Akarus - by Tek - 09-11-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: The Federated Kingdom of Akarus - by Tek - 09-18-2016, 12:18 AM
RE: The Federated Kingdom of Akarus - by Tek - 09-18-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: The Federated Kingdom of Akarus - by Tek - 10-06-2016, 11:15 PM
RE: The Federated Kingdom of Akarus - by Tek - 10-27-2016, 05:18 PM