Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Resolution on Fydoria

[Image: commons_logo.png]

A Resolution

To Express Concern Over the Military Intervention of Fydoria in Arzixilega

Whereas the House of Commons of the Empire of Selene has the sovereign prerogative to issue its opinion on matters of public interest;

Whereas foreign policy is a matter of public interest, necessitating the full attention of His Majesty's Government;

Whereas Fydoria has engaged in unacceptable military intervention in Arzixilega, violating the tenets of national sovereignty and international law;

The House of Commons resolves as follows:

1. The intervention of Fydoria into the internal affairs of Arzixilega is a flagrant violation of international law and runs contrary to the values upheld by Selene and the Artemian Union.

2. His Majesty's Government is asked to address the subject matter of this resolution with the utmost promptitude, in line with the policies and values long espoused by this House and the Government.

3. The Prime Minister is advised to promote the discussion of this matter with the allies of Selene and the Artemian Union, so that international action may be taken, as appropriate, to guarantee the sovereignty of Arzixilega.

4. The Prime Minister or, should he deem more adequate, the Foreign Minister, shall be invited to answer questions a week after the passage of this resolution, on the progress made in response to its provisions, and to account for any further development relating to its subject matter.
Presented by: The Great Honourable, Prime Minister Vangelis Dimitriou
Seconded by: The Honourable, Nikos Venizelos

"Madam Speaker, I, the honourable Vangelis Dimitriou, hereby present this resolution on Fydorian interventionism to the members of the House of Commons of the Ekklesia, with the honourable Nikos Venizelos as my second. It is my hope that the Ekklesia as a whole may pass this resolution quickly, for the spectre of dangerous ideals is everywhere and widely encompassing."

Messages In This Thread
Resolution on Fydoria - by Evangelous Dimitriou - 06-07-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: Resolution on Fydoria - by Fornoire - 06-18-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: Resolution on Fydoria - by Fornoire - 06-19-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Resolution on Fydoria - by Parthenopias - 06-19-2017, 03:29 PM