Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Smaller nations

I held an idea in my mind for quite a while, which I thought could be executed efficiently in practice and could bring even more life to Media Cavea. In the real world, big nations with large industry and influence are not the only inhabitants of our globe, inbetween them exist a lot of smaller nations. Since people are very unlikely to choose to be a small nation, that isn't really significant to the world (except for when it comes down to diplomacy, culture, etc.), I thought it would be a good idea to let people who have already enstablished their nation on Artemia to have two or three extra smaller nations to work with.
 It may seem like a chaotic plan at first and I do understand that it could cause potential difficulties and a lot of stress when updating the map, but you have to sit back and think of the possibilities. By roleplaying as other nations, people have a chance to get into the mindset of a different population and explore different ideologies. It will also allow them to approach other nations that they otherwise would've not been able to interact with, through their main nation, maybe due to the distance between them making them oblivious to one another or maybe just because of disinterest or any other possible explanation.
 In the following spoiler, I will talk about the Xialtan incident with the territory of Ochyro.
ShowSpoiler
 If you've been reading the Red Mantle, you probably would've noticed the articles about the small territory that was annexed by Xialta. As it turns out, this incident is not canon anymore, since a conversation with Justinian Kalominos revealed that there is no nation that occupies that piece of land to begin with, therefore there is nothing to conquer.
 One way to solve this issue is, in my opinion, to make it go hand-in-hand with the idea I proposed. Basically, I was thinking that Ochyro could be a big piece of land belonging to another, smaller, nation (Let's call it Argyronia) that Xialta annexed, in order to stop the mayhem that was occuring within it, the kind of mayhem that lead to the terrorist attack in Molyvdokastro (hehe... "lead"... "molyvdos"... bad joke...). This would lead to a very angry little nation, which would state loudly its issues with the imperialistic acts of its larger neighbor, which would start some intriguing diplomatic discussions about the ethicality of the annexation.
 In case this idea will never be put into action, I still hope there is a way to make the annexation canon, if possible...

Messages In This Thread
Smaller nations - by Constantina - 12-18-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Smaller nations - by Justinian Kalominos - 12-18-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Smaller nations - by The Drewish Empire - 12-18-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: Smaller nations - by Constantina - 12-18-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Smaller nations - by Qastari - 12-19-2016, 01:05 AM
Smaller nations - by Evangelous Dimitriou - 12-19-2016, 11:20 AM
RE: Smaller nations - by The Drewish Empire - 12-19-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: Smaller nations - by Justinian Kalominos - 12-19-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Smaller nations - by Justinian Kalominos - 12-19-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: Smaller nations - by Constantina - 12-19-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: Smaller nations - by The Drewish Empire - 12-19-2016, 04:07 PM