Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC] The Great Meeting

'I have one piece of evidence that proves treachery, if you look at the security cameras you will see that my guards were fighting each other, why would they do that if they weren't working for Sasaufe ?' Ranxiagrir replied 'ask her that question.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The lawyer, switching to microphone mode conversed with the guards for a moment in Procellian before addressing his client again.

"You have a right to know all the evidence placed before you. The video footage does indeed show the fight between several of the defendants. However.." he said as he pulled several papers out of a folder and handed them to his client "we have the sworn testimony from those who were trying to kill you that they are nationalists sent to assassinate a terrorist leader and stop you from bombing civilians, some sort of pro government spies I believe was their exact wording, which aligns with the story given by your government. Though they are still being tried under similar charges, you understand?"

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Bunker, Cusarit Castle
-----------------------------------

After what seemed like hours the guards, having received a phone call from headquarters, finally released the delegates and Procellian rulers. The Dras, apologizing profusely excused himself as he went to address the situation in private, assuring his guests that they were perfectly safe now and that tomorrow things would continue as usual.

Ranxiagrir sighed 'I see the fog of lies that cloud your judgment is to thick, I will accept my fate but know this. Once Sasaufe is in power she will most likely deceive as she did me' Ranxiagrir stood up and waited for the guards to take him to his trial.

Afgurla Courthouse, Afgurla, Procellia
----------------------------------
/time jump six hours/

The courthouse was packed to capacity as Ranxiagrir was led, shackled and head bowed, to the defendant's stand.

The courtroom was a masterful piece of architecture, the size of a small stadium the wall of windows behind the judge revealed the massive crowd on the street struggling to see what had become the court case of the century. Already most of the guards had been sentenced to twenty years in prison each, with the exception of the guards that had tried to kill the leader, who had been found "not guilty".

The crowd jeered and booed loudly as he was shackled to the stand, shouting profanities at him in their local language. The judge, who like the jury was wearing a mask that by now had become all to familiar to the prisoners, shouted and slammed his gavel on his desk until the room finally fell silent. Above his head a large projection TV played out the affair with Procellian subtitles, because in accordance with Procellian law the whole case was done in the language of the defendant.

"Ranxiagrir you have been charged with one count of leading terrorism, two counts of terrorist attacks, several counts of attempting to overthrow you government, assault, trespass, posing as a foreign diplomat, conspiracy against his Majesty, conspiracy against the People's Assembly and four counts of second degree murder. Do you understand the charges levied against you by the government of Procellia?"

Ranxiagrir looked up 'yes' he said simply.

"And how do you plead; guilty or not guilty?" The judge followed, as his lawyer seemed to be preparing some papers at the table beside him

Ranxiagrir replied 'I tell you the truth and plead not guilty'

Masses: 2 Hours before trial

Under Masses there was a little know bar called the cistern, Gumar was here with his colleagues, planning against Sasaufa. 'I knew she would do it at some point we need to find a way to rescues Ranxiagrir' Gumar said 'we can't leave him in the hands of those foreigners'
'Yes I know' replied Selana across the room 'why do you think I'm trying to hack the Procellian computers now, I've almost got it as well if we're lucky I might be able to save him'
'Well try harder' Gumar spat.
'You were saying' Selana replied and moved to the side of the computer so he could see.
Gumar smiled 'excellent here's your pay' he handed her 2,000 coins and said to the bar tender 'bring me your strongest beer, I need to be drunk for what I'm about to do' he said as he moved over to the computer and started recording.

"The prosecution may now present their case" he said, gesturing at another masked lawyer standing at the other podium

"Thank you your lordship" he said, before beginning his presentation. The evidence took over two hours to be presented, it included ten sworn testimonies (including one from the High Chancellor), security camera footage and stacks of medical papers affirming that indeed four people had died guarding him.

The whole case seemed to have every answer ready, as if handed to them on a silver platter. And it all hinged on the testimony of Sasaufe, who had obviously been happy to answer any and all questions that had come up during the investigation.

Then it was the defendant's turn, and his lawyer argued vehemently on his behalf. He simultaneously argued that his client was mentally ill (a claim rejected by three mental health professionals who had deemed him fit to stand trial) and that he shouldn't be held liable for structural damage done to the building.

When at last he was finished the judge asked "Does the defendant wish to make a statement before the jury deliberates?"