Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC] The Great Meeting

Cheafifu's head turned towards the sound of the explosion. Then movement towards Ranxiagir startled him. It was that Guzsuss, the shady army-man with a questionable past that some how got into the royal guard. He was running towards Ranxiagrir. Cheafifu didn't think twice, he must save his leader. He took two lunging steps and tackled Guzsuss just as he set the explosives off. 
It was all to fast for him. His own royal guard attacking him and trying to kill civilians. He saw to late one of them jumping at him. He tried to step back but he didn't have to. Cheafifu tackled the guard in the air sending them sprawling to the ground, then the second bomb went off. Ranxiagrir and a number of his guard still protecting him were blasted through the air and the last thing he saw before darkness was the Procellian military detaining and shooting his guard.
Time lapse 2 hours
Ranxiagrir awoke to find himself in a prison along with the remainder of his royal guard, or at least those who hadn't resisted. Of the original 15 only 4 remained with him. He cried out for anyone and waited to see if they had even been dignified with a prison guard.

Basale Military Base, Procellia
-------------------------------------------------

In response to the shouting an eye slot in the thick steel door slid open with a sound like an unsheathed sword. Through the wire mesh could be seen a masked guard, who spoke using a translator that had been built into the mouth of the mask. It gave his voice a robotic sound that eerily matched the robotic face behind the door.

"Representative Ranxiagrir what is the commotion?" He said

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
(Ooc: This is what a Procellian prison cell looks like)

[Image: c06d03393035e30a2708389ae1215a54.jpg]

Suddenly the doors swung open and The King of Imperial Military Greece was kicked in the cell

he swerved his head around and then finally said " is this the Great meeting "

and then drew out his sword in response to the rest of the leaders scared and in shock

Ranxiagrir frowned as the Procellian spoke in a robotic version of his native tongue 'I would like to know why me and my Royal guard are being detained without proper questioning and, before you ask no I don't know why members of my guard attacked me and the civilians now all I wanted was to open diplomatic relations between our countries so how about you release me and my guard and we will continue with the meetings' Ranxiagrir waited for an answer but then added 'and I am not a representative I am his Holiness The Pride Leader Ranxiagrir but you may address me as His Holiness or Pride Leader, I will show respect by referring to your Dras as Dras and I expect Procellian to show the same respect' Ranxiagrir waited for his answer

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Basale military base, Procellia
-------------------------------

The robotic face of the guard stared into the room for a minute, before replying "I will be right back, Pride Leader" the last two words sounding strained as if he were having trouble finding words that translated correctly.

The soldier assigned to guard Ranxiagrir, whose name had been found during the interrogation of the other guards, adjusted the built in translator back to microphone mode and after placing another guard at the door went down the hall to his supervisor's office. The prison was a simple U shaped facility, designed to make prisoners feel still human. With wooden furniture, carpets, TV in the rooms and a free library it felt more like a boarding house with bulletproof glass than a prison as understood by outsiders. In à way it embodied Procellian philosophy about crime in general, that it was a reflection of Society's failure to provide for everyone's needs, and that rehabilitation was more important than punishment. Though this explosion incident had sparked some debates over it's application on military bases.

With a loud knock on the door the soldier announced his presence.

"Entry granted" came the voice from the other room, allowing the soldier to open the door.

Behind a large oak desk sat the commander of the jail, à frazzled looking Major who had up until yesterday enjoyed the easiest job in Procellia. He looked up at the soldier, and immediately identified him as one of the special forces dispatched to guard and interrogate the terrorists. Unlike most of the Procellian military these men, and women, wore no name tags and hid their faces behind fierce gas masks. Their voices were distorted and their orders a secret, which made managing them a royal pain.

"Have you received any information from his point of origin sir?" The soldier asked in the robotic voice of his mask, after bowing to the higher ranking officer.

"As a matter of fact I have" he said, still unsure of who was really in charge of this mess "It was a royal pain in the a** because they are almost as isolated as we are, but we managed to get a hold of their ruler. Some woman named Sasaufe I think it was. Apparently these men are well known terrorists from their country, and somehow they managed to steal a plane."

"I see, so is it correct to say that their government does not officially support these terrorists?"

"Yes, I am waiting to get a reply back about what she wants us to do with them. Also, she warned that they are government reformists and asked us not to use their unearned titles"

"Thank you sir" the soldier bowed before returning to his post. Sliding open the eye slot and through the translator said "Your government has identified you as a known terrorist, until we receive word from them about what they wish us to do you and your men will be treated as military prisoners from the nation of Kauzka."

(OOC: if you're not OK with me saying she called y'all known terrorists I can redo this)

Bunker, Cusarit Castle
------------------------------------

The royal guard eyed the Greek leader with suspicion but didn't move, figuring that if he actually did anything their guns were faster than his sword. The leader of the guard, à Procellian woman with a stern face and thick muscled build said

"We apologize for detaining you so quickly your majesties. But it is standard protocol in emergencies to ensure VIPs are protected in an emergency, with or without their consent."

Facing the Dras, and bowing to him and the other attendees she said "Two bombing attacks just occurred at Basale Military Base a few miles outside of the city. All we know for sure is that they arrived claiming to be attendees of this meeting, but their government has denied this. We suspect they are foreign terrorists who took advantage of the meeting to try and make some type of political statement. Though what we have no idea"

The Dras stood, calmly brushing his robe free of wrinkles. He politely thanked the guards, though he secretly made a note to revisit operating procedures because he didn't appreciate being carried like a sack of potatoes.

Turning to his guests he bowed politely and through his translator said "I do apologize for your treatment. Your safety is of great value and due to this situation you were treated with the same reverence and importance as a member of Procellian royalty."

He gestured at the peeved mayor and Lady of the city who were sitting in the corner, trying to avoid being seen by their unhappy guests

'No you have to understand' Ranxiagrir pleaded to the guard 'I am not the enemy Sasaufe is a member of my council, she's betrayed me. The members of my Royal guard that attacked me were agents, most likely sent by Sasaufe herself, please I fear my country is in danger and I need help'

Time lapse 1 hour

Sasaufe smiled as she talked to the Procellian on the phone, things just got better and better 'Hmm yes well you see he is one of the high ranking officials in the terrorist organisation that had taken over part of Kauzka and when he says his country is in danger he means that his terrorist group is being eradicated' She spoke in a soft but informative tone as she found men listened to you more then 'it is true I am a member of the council, in fact I am the High Chancellor of the country, we have had no leader for over 80 years you see' She paused as she thought 'as for that terrorist leader I think it would be best for everyone if you killed him' She waited patiently for a response.

P.S Procellia you juggle the fate of my nation in your hands if you kill Ranxiagrir all is lost.

The General assigned to negotiate with Kauzka over the terrorists listened intently to the High Chancellor. She spoke with that calm tone that seemed so common among great leaders, it was the same tone used by the Dras. One that sounded so effortless and matter of fact it made argument difficult, and indeed it was not his job to argue.

"Yes thank you ma'am for your understanding about this complex issue. I understand this is very inconvenient for you. Do you grant my nation permission to try him for war crimes in Procellia using our laws? I must warn you we have very little sympathy for terrorists, especially ones that make our beloved Dras look like fool."

He glanced nervously at the assortment of intelligence staff at hand, trying desperately to keep the phone connection working despite it never being designed for international calling.

Sasaufe grinned 'oh yes try him for war crimes, and if your nation doesn't have death penalty for those sorts of things then a life sentence should suffice, just make sure to ignore any of his lies, but no worries I'm sure you can handle the situation well enough from here, after all you were the ones that got him in the first place' She paused 'oh and one more thing please tell him 'The Kioko have risen against you' for me' She said the last thing in old Nouyarhi as she new that Ranxiagrir was one of the few that knew it.
PS not the 'for me' part the bit in quotation marks which she intentionally said because no foreigner knows of old Nouyarhi and only a few in her country knows how to speak it so you wouldn't be able to translate it.

Basale Military Base, Procellia
------------------------------------------------

With the phone call finally over the general hung up, giving a sigh of relief. The tech crew and intelligence agencies slumped in their chairs, glad to finally be done straining their systems over a phone call.

"They are to be tried for war crimes, terrorism and attempting to overthrow the government. We have the permission of Kauzka to try them and punish them in our country by our rules."

-----
Two hours later
----

A knock on the cell door announced the entry of two guards and a single civilian dressed in a white tunic and trousers. All three had their faces covered with gas masks, a standard procedure to prevent retribution against officials from family of terrorists.

"Ranxiagrir you have been charged with heading a terrorist organization, attempting to overthrow the legitimate goverment of Kauzka and war crimes against civilians. Your government has given us permission to try you in Procellia" said one of the guards through his mechanically digitized translator

The second solider picked up the briefing "The man in the white robes is your lawyer, and will represent you in a trial by jury. We have been assigned to protect you from the other prisoners and vigilantism."

The lawyer, still masked, sat down on the wooden chair that sat in front of the desk.

The first soldier then added, as if it had slipped his mind "and your High Chancellor offers the following message 'the Kioko have risen against you" though the message was badly garbled due to the translator not understanding the words.

The message delivered the layer said "Now then, how do you respond to your charges?"