Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC] Tenochtitlán Summit

Premier Xiyah Queztal sat at his desk in the Executive's Office of the Federal Palace, located in the very heart of Tenochtitlán, the capital of the Federation. The invitations had been sent. The conference rooms had been prepared, the guest rooms readied, and security increased to ensure the security of all the foreign dignitaries from Seloana, Sartoria, and Sylon. This was a transformational period for Tepetitlán, as the outcome of the summit would almost certainly decide the future of the Federation for decades to come. The Premier had narrowly won reelection only two months prior, and was looking to reassure the Mexica people that they had not made the wrong choice. The sound of a federal staffer entering the room broke the tranquil silence of the Executive's Office. 

"Mr. Premier, everything is ready for the summit. Do you wish to await the guests at the palace entrance, or would you prefer to meet them in the conference room?"

"Tepetitlán has a rich history of being cordial to one's guests, and I plan on keeping this tradition. I'll await our visitors at the entrance once they get out of their respective vehicles. I'll be heading there now to await their arrival." 

"Very well, Sir. I'll inform the Palacial Guard of your whereabouts. Anything else you require, Mr. Premier?"

"Make sure that the conference room is supplied with water, and the bottles of tequila to be gifted to our guests. That'll be all." 

"As you wish." 

And with that, the staffer saluted the Premier, and exited the Executive's Office. Premier Quetzal stood up, and began is walk toward the palacial entrence, in anticipation of the arrival of the foreign diplomats.

First Minister Victoria Gallo, and the entourage that followed her, were the first to arrive in Tenochtitlan, driving up in a convoy of 7 cars, the 3rd one being the one with the First Minister. Stepping out of the car, she had her Chief of Staff by her side as she dusted herself off and walked up to the palatial entrance.

"Premier Quetzal, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am First Minister VIctoria Gallo, of Sylon."

"It is an honor to welcome you to the Federation of Tepetitlán, First Minister Gallo. Allow me to be the first to welcome you to Tenochtitlán, and the Federal Palace. This palace was once the home of the rulers of the Tenochtitlán Altepetl - which means city-state in our native Nahuatl. Archaeologists from the University of Tenochtitlán have determined the palatial foundation to be as old as 2,000 years."

Premier Quetzal, now facing a dominating geographic feature of Tenochtitlán - "The Big Three", referring to the three active volcanoes which dominate the capital's skyline - spoke more about his nation.

"As for the name of our nation, it translates into your language as "the land amongst many volcanoes". For reasons yet to be determined, Tepetitlán sits above many geologic hot spots, which are plumes of magma which poke through the crust. As a result, the Federation is home to no less than 15 active volcanoes, nearly evenly distributed throughout the nation..."

Turning back towards First Minister Gallo, Premier Quetzal returned to face the First Minister, as to prevernt any sort of interpretation of disrespect towards the First Minister.

"...but I assume you didn't come for a history or geography lesson. The other delegations will be here shortly. Once they arrive, we will enter the Federal Palace to begin the summit."

First Councillor Marco Valerio had enjoyed the mostly uneventful flight from Mekselia to Tenochtitlán. This time the flight had been shorter, taking about five hours, though time had passed much faster while he reviewed documents and then had a nap. He had stayed up until last the previous night, reading the intelligence brief on Tepetitlán, so that morning he was more tired than usual, and needed some sleep if he wanted to meet his fellow heads of government with a fresh mind. A mere two minutes after he woke up, he heard the familiar voice from the captain asking everyone to fasten their seatbelts in anticipation for their landing. He walked towards his chair and sat, fastening his seatbelt while looking out the window at the runway.

What followed as something he had done multiple times. He would wait until all security checks were performed and the ladder was brought, he would walk down the ladder and shake hands with the ambassador and local officials and then he got into the official vehicle to wherever he needed to go. In this case, the official car and the security vehicles were taken to the Federal Palace, where the summit was set to take place. Along the way he noticed three mountains, what he assumed were the noted volcanoes that characterised the city. Soon after they arrived at the Palace, beautifully built in such a way that it blended with the local scenery, like a building that had grown out of the earth itself.

Once the motorcade reached the entrance of the Palace and noticed that the agent in the front seat was ready to opened his door, Valerio opened the door himself and got out of the car, something that the public liked but also gave headaches to his security details. He liked to feel that he could control certain things, namely the ability to get out of a car on his own. He straightened his suit and walked towards the man apparently waiting for him, reached him, and offered his hand.

"Premier Quetzal, I presume?"

With a strong smile and firm handshake, Premier Quetzal shook the hand of the newly arrived guest.

"Ah, you must be First Councillor Valerio. It is my honor to welcome you to city of Tenochtitlán, and the Federation of Tepetitlán. I hope that your journey to our capital was a comfortable one."

As his greeting with Marco Valero was concluding, a senior member of the Palatial Guard walked up to Premier Quetzal was whispered something into his ear.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Be sure to post a division of ceremonial guardsman here at the entrance for them."

The senior guardsman returned to his office somewhere within the Federal Palace,  while Premier Quetzal turned to both the First Councillor and First Minister.

"It appears that a couple delegations will be slightly late, due to some extenuating circumstances. Until then, there are enough of us to begin the summit. I'll lead us to the conference room inside."

Premier Quetzal then led the group through the palatial doors, revealing the interior design of the Federal Palace. They walked into a grand room with a large chandelier as the centerpiece. The walls were white marble, with serveral gold accents, most prominently the gold-plated window frames. Encircling the room were portraits of the most prominent leaders in the history of both Tepetitlán and the Altepetl of Tenochtitlán, also with gold-plated frames. The floor was an elegant white marble, with thick gold patterning (OOC: something like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236...3a88da.jpg). Behind the chandelier was a white marble Imperial Staircase (OOC: Staircase with divided flights) leading to the upstairs portion of the Palace, which is where most of the residential rooms - including the Premier's room - were located. Atop the staircase stood two guardsmen, manning the entrance. Below the imperial staircase were three doors. The two doors on the side led to several administrative offices and workstations, but the central door was the one which lead to the confrence room. The three doors were manned by two additional guardsmen, one standing at the gap between each door. Without any need of communication, The guardsmen knew to open the double doors in the center, and the group walked into the conference room.

The conference room itself had a much different interior than the entrance room. While gold-embroidered white marble was still composed the flood and ceiling, but the walls were now gold-accented malachite. A slightly more humble chandelier hung over the a long, malachite topped table with golden legs, and matching chairs. On the table itself were bottles of Tequila, as gifts to the various delegations.

"This is the conference room, formally known as the Malachite Room. Each delegation has been provided with a bottle of our finest Tequila, as a gift. Feel free to sit wherever you please."

Tenochtitlán, Federation of Tepetitlán

King Willihiam III thought he made the best choice he could. After all, he was afraid of the Sorists and Fascists, and he did not want such a regime in his kingdom. With acting Foreign Minister Prince Yousef, he went to Tenochtitlán.

King Willihiam III had always been curious of Tepetitlán. It was an interesting nation, with cultures that seemed exotic and out of his world. However, he always thought he would visit as a tourist, not as a diplomat.

King Willihiam III walked out of his ride, and arrived to the palace.

"Well, let's go in" said Willihiam

The Palatial Guard welcomed in and allowed entry to King Willihiam III and Prince Yuosef while a second division of guardsmen led the King and Prince to the Malachite room, where the other leaders had only just began to sit down. Premier Xiyah Quetzal as host, was the first to greet the King and Prince.

"Ahh, you must be King Willihiam of Fornoire, and you, Prince Yousef, the Foreign Minister. On behalf of the Federation, we welcome you to the capital of our nation. Please feel free to seat yourself. You shall find a bottle of the finest Mexica tequila as you sit, as a gift."

(OOC: Sorry it's taken me so long to reply; I've been extremely busy as of late)

Tenochtitlán, Federation of Tepetitlán

"Thank you, your Excellency" said the King "It is an honour to meet you"

In thought, Willihiam sat at the table. He refused to drink tequila, as he did not drink alcohol. However, his brother and acting Foreign Minister Prince Yousef did drink a small cup, to see how it tasted.

To relax himself, Willhiam began to read The Endless Fire, a classic Fornirian work of literature. He enjoyed reading, and he was waiting for anyone to say anything to start. He was trying to relax, calm his doubts about the summit, and killing time until they began.

If it was considered an insult in here to read a book, it wasn't in Fornoire. In fact, in Fornoire, literature is highly praised, and reading to wait for someone gives a good impression, usually of being intelligent and culturally rich.

Yousef, however, was another story. He was staunchly Pro-Selene, and he was actually the one who convinced his brother, the King, to come and to allow such presence of them in this summit. He had no doubts on what he was about to do. After all, a majority of the population was on his side, after all.

"Psst, Willihiam" Yousef said, while speaking Fornirian, to keep the conversation secret

"Yes, Yousef?" responded Willihiam, while reading a chapter, concentrated on the story line to care much of his brother's message

"I believe that reading while not acknowledging their presence is somewhat of giving an impression of that you're ignoring them"

"Nonsense" Willhiam said, strangely calm, yet defiant "I enjoy to read, and I am waiting. I will not be interrupted by such baseless logic. Now, if you excuse me..."

Aaron Pulkim knew just how badly late he was. Whether it was a new Vigilante Group popping up out in the East, or Seloan Congress stonewalling yet another funding bill, he had very little room to "get out" of the ever lacking beurocracy of the Republic. In other nations, what he does regularly would normally be considered the job of political aides or secretaries, but, with the continual avocation by the previous Libertarian administration for cutting funding to almost the entire executive branch. We were lucky even to have the spare funding Pulkim thought as the Presidential Helicopter arrived in Tenochtitlan airport. He was only a few months into his presidency, but, he could already see the amount of chaos the last 20 years of the Libertarian controlled Congress had caused. The Military was underfunded, most executive positions were understaffed. Pulkim had known just how dysfunctional the government was since his Party switch back in 2010, but now with a more hand's on perspective, he was amazed that the entire government hadn't just collapsed before he even ran. Budgetary cuts dating back to the early 90's, deliberate mishandling of funds, all "reports"(for what limited reports there were) still being dug through by members of his administration. Even the few Libertarians he brought on board due to their expertise in their fields couldn't believe it. Except for the one's tied to it, of course. That's how Pulkim forced his former Secretary of State to resign so he could be replaced by the Legendary Federalist Michael Winston Thracker(who the Libertarians were trying to push out of Congress anyway).

As the Presidential Car(A small Sedan that rarely left Canton due to Seloana's reliance of Trains as a primary source of transportation) pulled up to the Summit's location and his Security team stepped out of their cars to assess the surrounding area, Pulkim was rehearsing his introduction over and over again in his mind, like an old tape recorder. He didn't want to leave a bad impression the the group that would likely become his greatest partners during his first term. With the Congress continuing to stall, Pulkim decided it would be best to start lkooking Internationally for funding to help secure Seloana. Be it Human Traffickers headed to Tepetitlan to try and sell people as sacrifices, or to try and lock down Seloana's natural resources that had gone mostly untapped over the last 50 years, there were many reasons to try and get other nations' help. At least, monetary help. Sure, they had larger concerns, like the "Soltek Pact" or whatever political upheaval was going on in the Southern Hemisphere, but, Pulkim's focus was on his own nation, and trying to stop the chaos and violence that had taken his daughter, and changed his political life all those years ago...

Pulkim, along with his now unarmed security detail(having handed their weapons over to the Mexica Soldiers guarding the Summit), walked into the main meeting room. "Gentlemen, I do apologize for my poor timing. I am Aaron Pulkim, President of the New Republic of Seloana. It is my honor to stand before such impressive figures as yourselves."

Prime Minister Rodolf Fortuin pulled up with the Akarusan motorcade, mumbling to himself about the delay. It had been a long trip riddled with delays in every stage of the journey. He had caught one of his aides whisphering about "bad omens" during the ride, though he refused to believe such superstitions. It had been too long since Akarus had strengthened ties with its eastern neighbour. With unrest in virtually every part of Akarus it was almost relaxing to be abroad for a change.

Flanked by his Minister of Foreign Jos Arbeid and the nation's Lieutenant-Governors they approached they approached the palace. Eager to join the rest of the representatives he had the palace guard rush them to the Malachite room.

"On behalf of His Majesty Charles IV, King of the Akarus and the Kapels, King of Andler, etc. the Federated Kingdom of Akarus thanks you for this invitation, and extends to your nations a wish of peace and prosperity. His Majesty sends his personal regards to the heads of state gathered here today, and regrets that he was unable to attend this meeting. I am Rodolf Fortuin, Prime Minister of the Akarus Parliament. I greet you all as lead representative of Akarus here today."

It was a traditional but simple prepared message, ordered by the King himself. Regardless of his opinions, Rodolf could hardly contradict it.