Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC] Mekselia Summit

Yutan quickly, said "Ah, we are in need of technology, we can offer lithium. Our nation, due to living in a desert, has chockfull of minerals. We need technology, particularly advanced air conditioners." Yutan then stood there, eagerly waiting a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'I can open a trade route with both of you and since we use oil sparingly in Kauzka 99% will not be used and can be delivered to each of you. As for technology we have several businesses who produce air conditioners and I bet they will be competing to sell the most to you so the supply will always be abundant. I forgot to mention that we also deal in a lot of furs as well, so if you are ever in need of that I can add it to our trade deal' Heesish pulled out a wad of sheets from a suitcase, each of them identical and gave one to each of the ambassadors. 'Please write your name, the country you represent and the items you wish to give and get. If you wish for items but do not want to trade anything in return you will need to pay in money. We use an international currency so you won't be trading in coins from our nation but instead money made for trading. Unfortunately due to our nations low economy at the moment we charge tariffs if you want to export for money, but as our country grows these will be rendered obsolete' Heesish told them.

"No thanks, we don't need furs in a desert," said Yutan chucking at this occasion. "I will sign here. We welcome your air conditioning companies." Yutan then proceeds to sign the paper, verifying the deal. "So, you will take lithium? Is there any interesting minerals you'd like? We have chockfull of minerals so don't be afraid to ask."

'Once I get back to Kauzka I will talk with my superiors and we will work out a list of things we need and deliver it to you' Heesish informed 'and feel free to send us a request any time if you would like more things'

"Thanks! It was pleasure doing business with you!" said Yutan. He then shakes Heesish's hand. "Is there anyone else interested in trade with the Sol Federation?"

Takis then said " Is your desert rich in oil if so sign this paper and the lithium is yours"

"No thanks, we have plenty of lithium," said Yutan. "While we do have a moderate amount of oil, we needed more to help our economy. You see, in the Sol Federation, money comes before all else. We don't care for the environment. Besides we live in the desert, there's like no wildlife. So we solely on oil. Oh wait, I forgot we also use nuclear energy. Anyways, getting off track, is there anything else you or anyone would wish to trade for?"

Takis then said " If you will not give me oil then how about i can give you some earth based rocks and minerals for building structures.

In return you could either give us oil or medical supplies."

Heesish spoke up 'I'd be happy to sell oil too if you would like' he said to Takis.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Having listened to exchange, mostly in silence, occasionally taking notes on a small yellow pad, Valerio finally rose and asked for the attention of everyone. He saw that there was great interest in trade, but was getting impatient with the lack of progress and the seeming focus of some delegates with bilateral trade, at the expense of broader negotiations. Thus he got ready to present his proposal, his hope for a meaningful legacy for this summit:

"My fellow delegates, I must applaud the interest in increasing bilateral trade, but we must keep in mind the goal of this summit: the establishment of regular communication channels and mechanisms for the liberalisation of trade amongst our nations. I have heard all your interventions, and disagreements aside, I believe there is great interest in both objectives. We must meet regularly, either ourselves or our duly appointed representatives, to discuss world affairs. We must create a world free for trade between nations and for the liberal exchange of ideas and information. I propose the following key points of potential agreement."

Valerio held his pad, just as a guidance, since he already knew the key points by heart. "We must agree to the goal of holding summits at the ministerial level or higher every sixth month, so that the affairs of the world may be discussed, problems among nations resolved and confidence and openness between each guaranteed. We must also agree to hold further meetings at other times should they be necessary or desirable to promote the goals of peace and international development." he looked around the room, to see if any delegate had anything to say "We must also commit to holding technical negotiations for the progressive lowering of trade barriers and the promotion of international trade fairs to encourage commerce among our nations, for the purpose of developing our peoples. We must finally commit to setting aside foreign military interventions as a final resort, one to be considered only in the most dire of circumstances, and only at the behest of the international community, when all other options have been reasonably exhausted."

Having finished, Valerio remained standing, lowered his pad, and waited for the response. "My friends, I hope you will all join me in agreeing to these key points."