Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

The History of the Sol Federation

The Sol Federation is a nation of people called the Solteks, a group who act very strange. Their origins are unknown but according to their Holy Book of Solicus, they were created by gods. They were destined to conquer other tribes and assert themselves as the dominant people their gods wanted. In order to do this, the Solteks have to either sacrifice a different tribesmen as a sign of success or one of their own as sign of failure. The first tribes of these people were developed around the modern day Sol Federation. They would remain on the coast and be mostly blocked off the rest of the world due to the huge desert, they call, the Yuconian Drylands. The tribes are then unified into the Azkekian Tribe speaking the language of Azkekish. (More will be covered just wanted to leave my nation's tribal history)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part 2: After the unification, the Solteks begin to set exploration of the world. They can't travel past the desert lands so they build boats in order to travel around the world. Soltek barbarians then meet Selene citizens, people of the most powerful nation in the world (and still is!). They learn of Greek culture and begin a process called "Selenization". However, they only partially do so as most people quickly replace the chief with a new one. The people are highly xenophobic, not trusting anyone of their culture or ethnic group. All they merely do is adapt some of Selene's technology. They continue to explore and discover new lands and nations.

Part 3: Skip past some years and by the time that most of the world had begun forming kingdoms, the Azkekian Tribe was still exploring the world. Their efforts to find out what was going on in the world were incredible. Some even say that they were possibly the first people to have a complete map of the world. But back to the Azkekian Tribe, their troubles starting to begin. People began wishing that they could abandon tribal life and live a more medieval life such as Selene at the time. However the chief known as Monahald was extremely anti modernization, believing that it would ruin their culture and mix it with foreigners. This caused few tensions but never really extended to bloodshed. Eventually like most tribes do, they start to modernize with the rest of the world. Note: They do not Selenize, in fact the Solteks were extremely anti-Selene. Anyways, they begin modernization and of course, run into some troubles. There were people against modernization but unlike Monahald there was violence in fact a lot of it. This erupted into the what is known among the Solteks as the Modernization Resistance War. This war led to 34% of the population dying off. Now Monahald's son Contad, would lead the new tribe into modernization which took about 5 years and renamed the tribe of Azkekian to the Kingdom of Soluske. What happens next? Well...

Part 4: The Kingdom of Soluske had begun with it's first king, King Contad. Now Soluske had plans to solve one its biggest problems, religion. Now right now, the state religion is Systemic. But back then the Kingdom was divided by religion. It was split by Catholicism, Systemic, and a few minority religions. Catholicism and Systemic severely divided the kingdom as Catholicism made up 30% of the population, meanwhile Systemic was 40%. The religious tensions were amped up when Contad created the Systemic Act. This act basically downgraded Catholics to second class citizens. It also made Systemic the official religion. This would later lead to multiple conflicts between the Catholics and Systemics in the future. Contad was strong believer in Systemic and opposed to heretics. This act may not seem important now, but in the Sol Federation's history, this was one of biggest impacts on their history.

Part 5: King Contad decided to expand his kingdom further and founded the city of Roma. He named it the capital of the kingdom and it remained that way for a long time. Soon after the city was built, it became known as the cultural hub in all of Soluske. It is where most of Soltek culture began spreading across the nation. Anyways, King Contad would rule the kingdom then on with a few minor changes here and there until his son took over. Then King Richard took over and some major changes were placed under his rule. In Part 6: I will be talking about what this changes were.

King Richard is infamously known in history books as King Richard the Terrible. He certainly lives up to that name. For example, King Richard decided to poison his entire court during a feast on the first day he became King. He says that the reason for this was "It's fun to kill people that serve no purpose in life and even better to then sleep with their wives." Not only did he do this, but he also forced innocent peasants to kill their own families in order to eat. So King Richard was a horrible person but he also did some good things. He helped the kingdom become rich. This richness has been used by the modern day Sol Federation, which has reserves from him. He used deceitful tactics in order to make money such as killing rich men and stealing their wealth, promising to pay merchants but then killing them, and marrying rich women and again killing them. So he basically killed a lot of people. But luckily his reign did not last long, as one of his many, many, many, sons killed him along with his family. The death of Richard the Terrible is also infamous for how many people came to kill him. Multiple people stabbed him in anger of the atrocities he committed. However, with the death of Richard the Terrible, now came even more instability as the question came, who out of his many children, should be the next king? Well in Part 7 things are going to be messy.

(OOC: This took a long time to make please read all of it. Thank you). The kingdom was in ruins. After the death of King Richard the Terrible, multiple children claimed to be his true heir. This time period is known to the Solteks as the Great Civil War. It lasted for about 11 years. People were killing their own brothers and sisters in order to get the crown. Bandits, noticeably from Selene, took advantage of the situation and looted multiple towns and castles. There was basically no law or order. It was official. The Kingdom of Soluske, only existing for about 70 years, was dead. However, when old nations fall, new nations form. This was as such as the one that would unite the Solteks would be King Richard's last child, Edward Dodson. He was 5 years old when his father was murdered. Not one of his brothers or sisters really cared about him as they thought since he was young and last in line to be the king, he wouldn't really do anything. Edward was taken care of by the general of the former kingdom, Rene Dodson. Edward viewed him as his real father, taking his last name rather than King Richard's last name. Under Rene's care, Edward was safely kept away from the violence throughout the kingdom. Rene decided to teach Edward tactics and military in order to protect himself. Edward was taught for about 10 years and did really well in battle. He even did better than Rene. Unfortunately, his training was cut short by the murder of Rene. Rene was murdered by the first in line to be king and most successful heir, Richard II. Edward came home to find his father dead with a note beside him, saying, "You looked too happy. While you're not seeking the throne, I can't afford to have a single brother or sister be alive and happy. So I killed him with my guards. I watched as he was being murdered and saying for me not to kill you. Oh how cute. Well just move to some foreign kingdom and don't get in my way, and just maybe I'll let you live. Well goodbye brother!" Edward realized the horrible acts that were happening while he was at home, and sought an end to the violence and revenge for his father. But first he needed an army. So he went from town to town in order to gather men. He shouted that he not seeking to be the king, but have a stable and safe nation for the Solteks. He explained his troubles and said of the heinous crimes that his brothers and sister were committing just to be king or queen. He called for an end to this great civil war with his famous words, "The way for peace is only a few steps away. But I can't walk it alone. You can't walk it alone. There are people who refuse to let us walk this path. I can't stop them. You can't stop them. But there is one thing that can. The only thing that can stop them is us. United, the Solteks, you and me, can fight against anything in our way to peace." This speech made him a national figure among the peasants and average townspeople. It brought him thousands of men willing to join his army. Richard II heard of this news and attempted to assassinate Edward. Edward, knowing he would be hunted, went into hiding with his army for about 1 year. In that year he trained his army of peasants and townsmen into a proper army. Meanwhile Richard II gave up hunting Edward in about 4 months, thinking that he fled the country. After hiding for about 1 year, Edward made advances quickly, taking over castles of his siblings. If his siblings agreed to join him, they would be allowed to live and join his army. If they didn't, they would be thrown into prison. After about one month, Edward conquered half of the nation. Now his final obstacle was his older brother, Richard II, who ruled the remaining half. He gathered even more men with an army of 70,000 men. Richard II was prepared for an invasion and had about 30,000 men. He said, "His army is made up of serfs and townsmen. What could he possible do?" He would take back that statement later as Edward conquered castle after castle. However none of Richard II's men died because they all left Richard II and joined Edward's army. After this sudden loss of men, Richard II was extremely furious. Richard II brought mercenaries of about 150,000 men by the last reserves of his "kingdom". It was Richard II's 150,000 men against Edward's 100,000 men. They fought at the decisive battle known in Soltek history books as the Battle of Stelle. This battle showed Edward's military knowledge and his decisive tactics against the number advantage his enemy had. He won the battle with no casualties on his side, but completely destroyed the enemy side, with no survivors. He captured Richard II and the rest of the kingdom. He won the civil war at the age of 16. He decided to make himself not a king, but an emperor. But not Emperor of Soluske mind you. Emperor of the Solteks. He created the Soltek Empire. He was given the title of Emperor Edward the Great by his people and army. Now with the nation under his control what will happen next? Well...