Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Prime Minister's Questions [24.05.17]

Anna, who was sitting, and would remain so for most of the session, save any disruption forced her to stand and call for order, saw the Prime Minister take his seat and called out the next name. A name at the front bench of the left side stood and approached the podium.

Yanis Venizelos was the Leader of the Traditionalists and, since they were the largest party outside the governing coalition, he was also the Leader of the Opposition. He had served in that position since the last election, but that had been something that he had been reluctant to do in the first place. He was 74, and while he still had plenty of energy, and did not look his age at all, everyone thinking he was at least a decade younger, he had long wanted to return to the backbenches, hopefully focus on drafting bills and spending more time with his family. He had recently announced his resignation, and today was his final PMQ as Leader of the Opposition.

He cleared his throat, looked at the Prime Minister, and spoke. "I welcome the Prime Minister to his first Prime Minister's Questions. I am retiring, but hopefully my successor will be as tough on him as I was to his predecessor; all in good spirits, of course." A few chuckles from both sides, always a good sign. "His predecessor resigned amid a scandal that has negatively affected public trust in the government's ability to prioritise and deliver good work for the people. Can the Prime Minister assure this House, and the people at home, that his government will put people first, prioritising the economic and business issues that will most directly affect them?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime Minister's Questions [24.05.17] - by Justinian Kalominos - 05-24-2017, 07:28 PM