Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

OOC Fydorian Political Dinner Party

Hello!

So yeah you've read the title, an I am hosting a Dinner party with leaders of other nations. There will be things like games, shows, and meals. I am inviting people who would sound like a realistic invite. For example (No offense) The Autocracy of Boredomo, would not be invited as they are on the other side of the planet. The best way to start is to arrive by helicopter, plane, or a convoy. I don't have many rules other than be realistic and to follow the basic rules that are already expected. If you have any questions about this or why you haven't been invited, and you still want to be invited, feel free to shoot me a telegram on NationStates or a PM on here. Have find!

Do you by chance have a list of those who will be in attendance? That would be helpful because some nations might not attend or might send someone else in the event that a nation they aren't necessarily friendly with attends.

Mondtburg (is attending
Noveaux (ambassador sent)
Fornoire ( Has accepted invitation and will be in attendance)
Kumari (rejected invite)
Justinian Kalominos (Has not responded)
Others will be invited today

What would the IC reasons behind most of those in attendance be? For me it's simply to keep up our trade relations and such. Other than that Noveaux doesn't currently have a vested interest in Fydoria. OH well also safeguarding relations so as to make sure Fydoria stays relatively receptive to the Novean Faith.

(03-25-2017, 05:19 PM)Noveaux Wrote: What would the IC reasons behind most of those in attendance be? For me it's simply to keep up our trade relations and such. Other than that Noveaux doesn't currently have a vested interest in Fydoria. OH well also safeguarding relations so as to make sure Fydoria stays relatively receptive to the Novean Faith.

IC for Fornoire is that my nation, Fornoire, and Varraran, are going to unite together into the SCAN. It is a group of nations that keep their sovereignty yet unite against common enemies, split trade revenue, and things of the such. While each nation governs itself, we have a government that leads the group. Though sadly this opportunity is only available to those bordering us, and people who are relatively close.

When inviting RCSK, we got a xenophobic response. That all Fydorians found on Kumarian soil, will be put in concentration camps. 

Mondtburg has discussed trade pacts and alliances with us. 

Justinian was invited just to keep peace and trade agreements in place. Because it would really blow to have a nation like Selene be your enemy.

Y'all are going to need seriously ensure that SCAN is even realistic enough. Nations close together is nice and all but you'd need common history that would allow for such cooperation to occur. SCAN also would really need to be a thought out thing and couldn't just poof into being. Negotiations for creating groups like that can take years.

For example the Prosperity Alliance negotiations began in 2000 and concluded in 2016 when the Alliance was formed. The PA came from the Tripartie Alliance that was founded in 1952 between Noveaux and Eraphalia and then included Neuvu in the 1960s, Sekia in 1984 and then Atariia sometime in the early 2000s. A natural progression of relations and such that built upon common history.

Just be sure to have solid reasoning behind it. Smile Ask if you need any assistance.

(03-25-2017, 06:02 PM)Noveaux Wrote: Y'all are going to need seriously ensure that SCAN is even realistic enough. Nations close together is nice and all but you'd need common history that would allow for such cooperation to occur. SCAN also would really need to be a thought out thing and couldn't just poof into being. Negotiations for creating groups like that can take years.

For example the Prosperity Alliance negotiations began in 2000 and concluded in 2016 when the Alliance was formed. The PA came from the Tripartie Alliance that was founded in 1952 between Noveaux and Eraphalia and then included Neuvu in the 1960s, Sekia in 1984 and then Atariia sometime in the early 2000s. A natural progression of relations and such that built upon common history.

Just be sure to have solid reasoning behind it. Smile Ask if you need any assistance.
http://selene.online/forum/private.php?a...&pmid=1823

These were the terms of the SCAN.

(03-25-2017, 06:12 PM)Dictator Archibald Geskin Wrote:
(03-25-2017, 06:02 PM)Noveaux Wrote: Y'all are going to need seriously ensure that SCAN is even realistic enough. Nations close together is nice and all but you'd need common history that would allow for such cooperation to occur. SCAN also would really need to be a thought out thing and couldn't just poof into being. Negotiations for creating groups like that can take years.

http://selene.online/forum/private.php?a...&pmid=1823

These were the terms of the SCAN.

Keep in mind that private messages can only be seen by the sender and the receiver(s). Smile

Just a side note. I rejected your invite because my nation has a strong anti-facsist policy so there was no way we were ever friends in the cannon. As for the internment camps they have technically passed a while they were used on my citizens only that have immigrated from Facist nations so that would have included your nation and Varren. The camps simply were a place to hold you while your life was investigated then ic you fail you were imprisoned or deported. There are still two camps open to process people in the future that the government find suspicious. All others are closed but my border remains heavily guarded so those coming from facist nstions are processed more in detail and are usually rejected. This was just to clarify.