Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Video Game Arcade

Talk about video games here. Tell us about your adventures in the RPG game you play, the results of a battle you conducted successfully in a strategy game, the fascinating feeling of eliminating five enemies within three solid seconds in your favourite FPS game, or maybe an exotic experience you've had with a bizarre indie game.
I didn't play all that many games lately, although I did get back into Terraria a few days ago. I also had fun messing around with the Age of Empires III ingame map editor.

I've played Fire Emblem Fates recently. On the Birthright route, I was on Chapter 15 to 17 I think? I'm on Chapter 20 right now. But anyways, I've never felt more lucky than what happened in one chapter. I misplaced an archer and the boss came for them. The rates for my archer were: Hit Rate: 13% Crit Rate: 2%
The enemy had Hit Rate: 50% Crit Rate: 20%
They could've killed my archer in one hit. But somehow, my archer survived. Ok, not too unexpected, just barely managed to escape death.
But then my archer does the unexpected. It manages to attack the enemy with not just one Critical Hit, but two. This kills the enemy, and I was done. I picked a god and prayed. I RENOUNCED MY FAITH BECAUSE OF THIS

Neat, we've played similar games. Apparently I put over 80 hours into Fire Emblem trying to get all the conversations. And not coming anywhere close to getting there. Far too tedious to just get 2-3 in every non-story mission, and stopped after I got Pokemon for the winter holiday.

If you're still doing Terraria, I'd join you. I've never done multi-player before, but that idea seems interesting, just beat everything single player recently.

Not familiar with Age of Empires. Looks like Civilization. I'm going to get Civ 6 when they have it on sale in a few years.

Age of Empires is more direct than Civ, that is, every single individual unit must be created, the user must manage the economy of wood, gold, stone, and food, and collect these resources, build walls and towers and castles to defend and an army to attack. If Civ is more of a nation simulator, AoE is a battle simulator. Sort of.

Multiplayer Terraria would suck for me. I'm terrible at it and never really played it like it was supposed to and apparently haven't played it since 2013. I did like it, though. The building. Heh.