Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

The Stelle Meeting (IC)

Edward Yutan was sitting in his chair at the Capital Building. He was thinking about a way to introduce himself to other leaders of the world. He intended to expand the Soltek Pact. Yutan was determined to destroy Selene and its allies. He decided to hold a meeting between the nations of the world.He notifies them all by asking various nations to join, even Selene's allies. Standing before the table of the meeting room, he awaits patiently for diplomats to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not wanting to be isolated, but being cautious enough not to show their hand first, JEM of Aethelia arrives silently to first gather information about who else will arrive, and about what everyone else wants.

"Ah, a representative!" said Yutan. "I welcome you to the Sol Federation. I've wanted to set diplomatic ties with other nations, but no one seems to be coming. Though I am eager to talk with you!" Yutan seemed happy and cheery that someone arrived, something no professional leader would do.

No time for information gathering after all...  a difficult situation here, a moment of importance to set first impressions with high uncertainty regarding what will result in a positive outcome. Fleeing or otherwise ignoring the invitation seem like bad options... will have to just guess. Maybe something similar to what he said, with some honesty to build trust since I'm not good at lying anyway.

"Hi, I am JEM of Aethelia. I have had great difficulty establishing positive diplomacy with other nations, and had hoped to make a start here. Forgive my inexperience, though I am interested in your invitation, I am unsure what I am doing... sure, we can talk, but perhaps you could lead? I don't know what to say in a situation like this one."

"Ah , well it is nice to meet you JEM," said Yutan. "I understand, I was an inexperienced diplomat myself at one point, but now I am the sole leader of the glorious Sol Federation. But enough about me, let's get right into the news." Yutan sat in his chair, big and strong, signifying his leadership. "Now, I wanted to talk about this world. The countries that inhabit it, and the kind of world we live in. What do you think of it? Is there a way to fix it?" He awaited JEM's response.

Ok, I think I can do this... and that's a great question because of something I've been thinking about for an RP.

"Well, maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's so much tension in the world. It makes it awfully intimidating trying to find a way to fit in from my corner in the Northwest.

I didn't think being a leader would easy, but still... I look around, and I see war, I see rebellion, and I see other nations taking sides in all of this.

This might sound silly, but I think if we had something more lighthearted, yet still satisfies everyone's competitive nature, it could help bring everyone together. Though a showcase of the intellectual talents of every nation would interest me more, for the entertainment of the world perhaps tests in a series of athletics and sports would be better, with prizes for the winning athletes, teams, and nations. I wouldn't know what to call it, but perhaps it would bring us all closer if we had an event like that, even if we only did it every 3-5 years or so."