Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Astier Journals (1895 - 1904)

January 20, 1896
Port of Baalbek, Arari Kingdom

General Snow had us march north, we officially repelled the Transnuran invasion in the Kingdom. What’s left of their army is either being evacuated back to their nation or into the Free State in the south. Orders came down a week ago and our army group was sent to the Port of Baalbek. Much larger than Galmesh. Seems to be where the bulk of the money the Republic has poured into the region has gone. Modern roads, amenities and architecture.

A large portion of the fleet has arrived, they’re to ferry us across the Byblos Straight and right into Transnura. Going on the offensive finally. Something called Operation Looking Glass. Officers are being mostly tight lipped about it, spies abound here they say. We’re not allowed to visit the brothels which is a damn shame.

Good news is though that Alistaire arrived back in at-Turrah and he’s been with me since. He looks better in uniform than I thought he would. Ollie and I pulled some strings with the Captain to get Alistaire assigned to him as an aide-de-camp. Should keep him out of direct combat. Admittedly it has been nice to have him here though, someone that actually knows my home and misses it as much as I.

Alistaire is itching for a fight though and that attitude really doesn’t have a place here. I mean yeah this is war but I don’t want him trying to be a hero and getting himself killed. Not sure what I would do if he died here. Too far from home, surrounded by strangers and enemies. Regardless we’ll know our orders tomorrow. The fleet might be setting sail in a few days.

Messages In This Thread
Astier Journals (1895 - 1904) - by Parthenopias - 10-05-2018, 03:33 AM
RE: Astier Journals (1895 - 1904) - by Parthenopias - 10-06-2018, 11:23 PM