Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Astier Journals (1895 - 1904)

December 14, 1895
Al-Arroun, Arari Kingdom

Been so busy the last month and a half that I haven’t been able to write much. Also had to let an officer go through this. They are being really tight about spies and such. Guess that’s what happens. A few guys were taken by the Military Police soon after and I haven’t seen them since then, last thing we need is to be fighting among ourselves as we continue to see the Transnurans gain lands in the south. Those people fight like demons.

I was dispatched to Al-Arroun on the tenth of last month. Arrived here a week later and been helping dig defenses around the city’s old fortress. Thing’s been upgraded with some heavy artillery and we’ve been using it to shell the advancing enemy armies to hopefully stall them. A few observation balloons have gone up and floated out, not many return though.

We hear the guns being fired constantly. I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of them. I feel sorry for the poor bastards out there having to duck in cover whenever the whirring noise can be heard. Shellshock is nothing to laugh out, already I have seen the dead faces of the soldiers coming back from the front, they might be breathing and medically alive but they don’t seem to have any life in them.

The civies in this town appear to be leaving in droves, everyday there are fewer and fewer of them, probably not wanting to be here when the fighting arrives. I don’t blame them, I’m not sure how well we will hold the town. That said more and more reinforcements seem to arrive by rail each day, thankfully this nation has been good about building major cities along the lines. Guess I’ll figure out some stuff tomorrow at the briefing.

Messages In This Thread
Astier Journals (1895 - 1904) - by Parthenopias - 10-05-2018, 03:33 AM
RE: Astier Journals (1895 - 1904) - by Parthenopias - 10-05-2018, 08:16 PM