Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

2017 Eastern Realms Conference

Palazzo Malzo
3:15PM

It was a rare occasion when Francesco Sciarra visited the Palazzo Malzo. He was the Second Councillor, but his office was located in the Senate Building, and the bulk of his work involved coordinating and liaising between the Senate and the Privy Council. He was, despite everything, a senator first and foremost. Still, there were those occasions where he would have business at the Palazzo Malzo, and he would either request an audience or be invited.

Today he was there at the request of the First Councillor, who was very keen on knowing what he would say at the Eastern Realms Conference, which he was set to attend that evening. Originally Valerio had been invited, but he was already scheduled to speak at the Royal Institute of Technology, so Francesco had been asked to attend instead.

"Will you mention the security investigation, Francesco?"

"I was asked by the Chief of the Royal Security Service to refrain from talking about the investigation. I assume that was at your behest."

Valerio smiled, tacitly admitting his role. "I may have had a role in that. Truth is that the investigation is progressing, but we are unsure of how deep this goes. You have read the briefs. If we disclose information to the public, and eastern governments qualify as the public, we risk revealing more than we should."

"You know to trust in my discretion, First Councillor."

"I know; you are an excellent Second Councillor, and I'm sure, soon enough, the Privy Council awaits you, should you want it."

Francesco nodded. He knew that Valerio held him in high esteem, even if he was prone to acting cautious around others (hence his asking for discretion), and it was not the first time he had hinted at a possible elevation to the Privy Council, if he was interested. Francesco always deflected, believing that he did more good serving at the Senate, at least for now. He shook hands with Valerio, ready to leave for the airport.

"Oh, Francesco. Since we missed our usual working dinner last week, how about an informal breakfast tomorrow? You can bring Marzia if you want."

Messages In This Thread
2017 Eastern Realms Conference - by Justinian Kalominos - 06-19-2017, 05:23 PM