Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Prime Minister's Questions [24.05.17]

"Ms Filis, it is no secret that I myself have fought in that damned war with Kalos in the 1950s, and it is also no secret that I have not been treated particularly well because of it. I have been ostracised from parts of Kalosia because I took up the mantle of defender of Selene, and while I do not hold ill will against them, I also do not hold the system blameless as it stands. The Selenids that serve in the armed forces take an oath to protect their nation at the cost of their lives, and to not allow them the ability to live their lives with a true sense of honour is spitting in their faces and calling them murderers.

I have not been quiet in my support for the proper treatment of some of the most noble and most honourable Selenids, and as Prime Minister, I can personally assure you, Sergeant Alexis, and every single citizen of this nation, as a retired Lieutenant in the Army myself, that the people who serve will be taken care of to the greatest extent possible. I guarantee it."

Vangelis ended his answer to a much greater applause than the congratulations he gave to the opposition leader, and he didn't even have any more tonic water left. He looked on, watching Members of Parliament from both sides give their approval to the not at all atypical idea of caring for veterans. Grabbing a pen, he made a note to appoint an MP veteran as Veterans Affairs Minister, in addition to adding a lime to the tonic water.

Messages In This Thread
Prime Minister's Questions [24.05.17] - by Evangelous Dimitriou - 05-26-2017, 02:53 PM