Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

World Of War Years 2017-2027 Rules

As stated before you cannot have an over-powered army, but how do I avoid this? You may ask, well here are some guildlines for the roleplay.
1) You may say the population of your nation in this thread, one army cannot be more than 5% of your nations total population, although your whole army may be up to 35% of your total population.
2) You can use one nuke per country you attack. A nuke wipes out a entire city/landmarks, no exceptions, when you declare war on a country you may use one, use it wisely.
3) You cannot have overwhelming amounts or over-powered tech. You can only have a limited amount of tech, as it counts toward your total army population, this includes drones as they are controlled by people.
4) You can form alliances but your government type may affect how you do this.
5) You cannot rebuild your army to fast, the standard now is 10 planes per day, 1 warship per day, and 50 soldiers per day.
5) Battles are won by the roll of a dice, but having a bigger or better army or being in a better position, say a city, increases your odds. Impassible or bad terrain, less or worse troops, low rations or morale, a bad position or rebellious troops all decrease your odds, and in the case of the last one, your troops may join the other side.
6) No rules stated here may be twisted or changed by anyone except me and the administrators.
I will try to keep a dice on me but forgive me if I am in a lesson or if I cannot attend to the roleplay in time.

Oke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Die rolls:
1: You lose, with your ineffective attack destroying only 5% of the enemy force.
2: You lose with only 10% of the enemy force being destroyed.
3: You lose with only 25% of the enemy force being destroyed.
4: You lose, but take down 50% of the enemy with you.
5: You lose, but take down 75% of the enemy with you.
6: You lose, but your effective attack destroyed 90% of the enemy force.

7: You win, but the enemy fought effectively and took down 90% of your force.
8: You win, but the enemy took 75% of your force with them.
9: You win, but the enemy took 50% of your force with them.
10: You win, with only 25% of your force being killed.
11: You win, with only 10% of your force being killed.
12: You win, your master strategy and brave troops only being cut down by 5%.

Terrain and Defense.
Terrain and defense will increase of decrease your likely hood of winning. An example is a city. If your force takes refuge in a city then you will get a 3 dice roll advantage. This means that if the dice rolls to 9 you will have the effects as if it had rolled to 12. This will now be a list of terrain and cities effecting dice rolls.

River: If you are defending and a ground force attacks you, they will have a -2 to dice roll. This doesn't affect air units.
City: If any unit attacks a city with defenders inside they will receive a -3 to dice roll. This affects all units.
Capitol City: The capitol city is the stronghold of a country, and such any attackers will receive -5 to dice roll.
Lake: if for some reason you're attacking over a lake with ground units, then you receive -4 attack, unless it's a big lake then you have to call in some boats or go around. This doesn't affect air troops.
Alternate Terrain: This is where you regret your spot on the map Big Grin. If, say the Sol Federation, who is a desert nation, attacks Procellia, an arctic nation, they will receive a -2 when they attack them. This stacks with any other dice affecting things so if they attacked Procellia City, they would get a -7. This would also happen if Procellia attacked the Sol Federation. If you are a mild nation like most people, then you would get -1 if you attacked them. Anyone above Boredomo or below the Sol Federation is an arctic nation, unless the map is specifically a desert or those arctic bits in some of the unclaimed plots. Desert and Arctic nations do not recieve penalty for attacking a mild nation which puts me at a disadvantage, good job I'm on Sols side.

Troops and Dice rolls:
Troop numbers affect dice rolls, with every 10% more troops you have then the enemy raising you attack by 1. This caps out at +8 but you can still have an advantage by having much bigger forces then them as it will be harder for them to take you down.
Air Units and ground battles: Planes, jets and the like cannot participate in a ground battle, although units that can hover like drones or helicopters can, although the latter is not recommended. Bombs, unless they are shells from artillery or grenades, etc are not permitted. Air units can offer a bonus though, as when attacking a city they give you an advantage. For every 100% more air units you have than the enemies air defense (if they have any) gives you +1 attack. This means that if the enemy city has 100 air defense units, this can include the stationary 50 default ones in every city, or the 100 in the Capitol city, or air defense units stationed there, and you have 200 planes/jets/high flying drones then you get +1 attack. This is capped at +5.
When you are in a battle you roll the die twice if you have air units, one for ground and one for air. The air unit vs city would mean that the battle is between the anti-air and the air units, so standard combat rules apply for that except for the majority bonus and that the anti-air units get +2 defense on top of the standard city defense. If a place has no anti-air units then you automatically gain +5 attack with your air units becoming invulnerable. They cannot, however attack a city by themselves unless there are bombers which are vulnerable to anti-air and can only attack once, so if there is 50 bombers by themselves and there is no anti-air then they attack like a normal unit but must leave after one attack. This goes for if there is anti-air as well, but in that case the bombers are destroyed last.
Planes can also fight with each other but the standard combat rules apply to that.

Navy.
There isn't much to note about the navy aside from them carrying troops and fighter air-craft across seas. They can fight with other navy but standard combat applies to that. If though say 50 of my fighters was versing 50 of my scout boats, the fighters would get a one point advantage. This is why I encourage you all to post info about your army in the Stash before beginning. This rule actually applies to ground units to like tanks and big drones getting a +1 advantage over regular infantry. I will mostly calculate these numbers myself when dealing with different tech levels so do not worry to much about that.

New Die Rolls:

Now that I have access to a D100 I'll be able to just base the battle outcome on a percentage. Below 100 you lose and above 100 you win.
Since I can roll 2 D100s every number will count as 1%. Say if you get a roll of 10 you lose with 90% of the enemy force remaining. If you get 160 you win with 40% of your force dead.
All bonus's are just multiplied by 10 now so every 10% more troops you have is 10 more points which is 10% better odds.