Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Astier Journals (1895 - 1904)

November 4, 1895
Arari Port of Galmesh

We disembarked a couple days ago in Galmesh, bustling coastal port in this country. Been hearing that the front against the Transnurans isn’t going very well. They appear to have broken through and encircles nearly eight divisions of the Kingdom’s forces and one division of our own boys. Really quite a rough patch to be in right about now. Not something all of us greens want to be hearing. The Officers continue to disappear daily into briefing after briefing. Saw some big brass generals today arrive from a requisitioned ocean liner, lucky bastards got to make that journey in comfort. Can’t say the same for us grunts.

The army is supposed to be waiting here in Galmesh for a couple weeks as the rest of our Expeditionary Force as its being called, arrives. REF, Republican Expeditionary Force. Makes us sound more professional than we are.

Naval lads been talking about a battle that took place not far from the coast of Setsushima, that land in the south near the antarctic. Battle was a victory for our fleet, minimal losses supposedly. Hopefully that keeps those bullish dogs from trying to get into our ocean. Perhaps keep our men safe on the journey from home to here.

Unlike back home these Arari seem to have clear cut most of their jungle. Seen some trees here and there but nothing thick. One of our final briefings onboard the RS Sinclaire was about the landscape. It said that only in the deepest of the interior are there thick jungles anymore, the people here had ancient stories and myths about monsters hiding in them so they straight up clear cut much of it. Now the land is flat and open, floods pretty badly so they build villages on artificially raised mounds, makes them look like large castles really.

The people here are strange though, not like those back home. Temples are everywhere though and that at least is comforting to know they believe in the higher power. If there wasn’t a war going on then I would have loved to travel this part of the world I think, maybe after it's over I will. Not sure if I’ll make it though.

Messages In This Thread
Astier Journals (1895 - 1904) - by Parthenopias - 10-05-2018, 03:33 AM
RE: Astier Journals (1895 - 1904) - by Parthenopias - 10-05-2018, 01:18 PM