Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

ROLEPLAY TAVERN

Hi! imperial nation of seniar, Seniaran empire.  Please read everything even if it is a bore, I put it there for a reason.

I noticed that there wasn't much roleplay happening here (none at all) and I would like to start it off (or I'm wrong and my computer isn't working properly).

Basics
Basically this thread is a just simple tavern roleplay chat room where you create a character (on my separate characters thread) and talk.  I will also make updates on weather and national situation, make sure to keep up to date when involving this in conversations

Events
From time to time I'll create events which will have an impact on the roleplay aspect such as: "a farmer bursts into the tavern shouting 'orcish Raiders, run for your lives!'", of course I would go into more context with the event but you get the picture, I hope.

Duels
This could lead onto another aspect of roleplay, Fighting or "duels", at specified or agreed times there will be a dungeons and dragons style fight to determine the victor. To initiate duels you must openly state that you want to fight such and such person, If they agree then pm me to coach or choose on a trusted person to coach.  There will be no skills, instead you will specify what the character is doing at that time, examples: "Zoltar attempts to circle around him and stab him with his knife." Or "Dianive attempts to cast a fireball spell on Jeniv'e.", yes, magic is allowed, no healing though this is a roleplay thread.  Your choices can be as outrageous as you want it to be, "Triss attempts to jumps into the air, do a backwards flip, land perfectly behind her enemy and kick his shin.". Take not that I say "attempts" before every sentence, this means that I, or a decided person, will roll a dice and determine wether your attack is effective or not: 1-3 meaning effective, 4-6 meaning ineffective.  Be sure that when I'm not here you keep the duels as fair as possible, no secretly pm-ing the coach to alter the dice, no leaning to either side of the duel.

Roleplay
Now onto actual roleplay.  When joining the chat room you must say something along the lines of: "this character enters the tavern and stumbles into the stool near the bar", you can make it more dramatic of course but if you want to create an event in the process then pm me.  When speaking you must keep in mind that this is a roleplay, not just a chat room, you may talk normally as common folk but never talk about things outside the thread other than the nations, they play a part in this as well.  If you want to roleplay as a bartender or server working at the tavern then pm me, I can only allow three people as workers, so... yeah.
Also (forgot to mention), the taverns' name is "The Gypsy's Tankard".

Current timeline and history
The roleplay is set in medieval times in my empire of seniar, the year is 1163 and the date is the same as ours.  there is currently a war between the rebels and the imperials of seniar (where have I heard that before), the nation is split in two.  The tavern is located on the imperial side of seniar, close to the border and is secretly a rebel outpost (but you don't know that), it is found in the small town of Cavirsid just beside the farmlands close to Falathor.

Subcategories
Rebels
The rebels believe in the old ways and staying believers in the sun god and moon mother, they believe change is an impossibility, famous people include: their leader Ross Avalan, general Bjorn Icari and Druid Kli Oder.
Imperials
The imperials have been mass converted to the way of Triach and the high father, they believe that any disbelievers are savages and must be converted in any way possible, famous people include: emperor Ivan Efil, empress Donna Efil, general Traig Wauter and first son (high priest) Quentis Shiven.

This is everything that you should know to get started, if you have any questions or things you might want me to add just pm me, don't say it in chat, that's only for roleplay and announcements.

Current weather is cloudy, nothing notable yet.

Dalan stumbles through the double doors of the tavern, within he finds the bartender working through a pile of dishes. (For now I shall act as the bartender), "ho, traveller!" The bartender says, a secret code which only rebels knew.
"Good day, do you have a lavatory?" Dalan answers, the bartender pulls a crumpled page out from behind the counter.
"We've been waiting for you... We have a notice saying to halt all operations and remain here until further notice, the higher ups have something planned for you." The bartender reads.
"Good.", Dalan yawns, "I could use a drink and a rest right now.", Dalan sits down on a stool and begins to chug a bottle of whiskey found on the counter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terrence Terekian walked into the tavern, knowing his mission. He went to investigate the possible rebel hideout. He knew that this could be dangerous but after the fall of the Soltek Empire, he was ready for anything. He sat down next to a man chugging a bottle of whiskey. He put some coins on the table and said to bartender, "I'll take some moonshine."

Gynex opened the door slowly, listening for rusty hinges. He looked around and identified all of the tactical places if a fight broke out. He stepped up to the bartender and handed him a paper. 'Have you seen this man?' He asked, the paper having a picture of the man that killed his parents on it.

(08-14-2016, 12:30 PM)Hentail Wrote: Terrence Terekian walked into the tavern, knowing his mission. He went to investigate the possible rebel hideout. He knew that this could be dangerous but after the fall of the Soltek Empire, he was ready for anything. He sat down next to a man chugging a bottle of whiskey. He put some coins on the table and said to bartender, "I'll take some moonshine."

Bartender: The bartender takes the coins and pours a bottle of moonshine into a small glass, he said the special words "ho, traveller!"

(08-14-2016, 03:42 PM)Kitty Cat Paradise Wrote: Gynex opened the door slowly, listening for rusty hinges. He looked around and identified all of the tactical places if a fight broke out. He stepped up to the bartender and handed him a paper. 'Have you seen this man?' He asked, the paper having a picture of the man that killed his parents on it.

Bartender: "Ho, traveller!" The bartender says again, he lifts the picture close to his eye, "I haven't seen anyone of the sort, if you need a drink or a room to sleep in just ask.", the bartender continues to wipe down cups.

Dalan: Dalan nudges terrence's arm.

Terrence looks at Dalan. "What do you want?" he says. He then quickly drinks his moonshine.

Dalan: Got any cheese?" He asks.