Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

2017 Eastern Realms Conference

Royal Palace
June 26, 7:15AM

Patrizio was up at 06:30, like usual. He had showered quickly, then gone back to bed with his wife to watch another episode of the science fiction series that had him at the edge of his seat, munching a toast with butter and strawberry jelly, a glass of water on his nightstand. He was a hard working man, but in the years since he election, he had come to learn that it was on him to make free time, and eventually he had decided to split it between the early morning and the evening. Each morning he repeated that ritual, and while he varied it during the evening, he always made time to solve some crosswords with his wife, perhaps even have dinner out together.

Serving as Prince for the past 14 years had been, and still was, the privilege of a lifetime, but he was very much looking forward to his retirement next year. He thought of resuming his mountain climbing and trekking, a life without the duty to personify an entire nation, the liberty to set his own goals and live his own life, and particularly the absence of sensitive calls like the one he was receiving.

"Sir, First Councillor Valerio for you on the secure line."

He thanked his aide, telling him that he would take the call on his adjacent office, the one he kept next to his bedroom, for minor duties that didn't need him to be in his actual office. He picked up the phone, pressed the secure button, and talked.

"Buongiorno, First Councillor. It's rather early, I'm hoping you come with good news?"

"Sir, my apologies, I know the timing of this call is unorthodox, but the situation merits it. I am calling to inform you that early this morning, following careful review with the Internal Security Committee, I authorised the Carabinieri and the Army to carry out an operation to rescue the hostages and neutralise their captors. They are currently undergoing final training procedures, and will commence operations tonight at 06:35PM."

"I'm happy to hear that, First Councillor. I will make sure to send my personal regards to those in that joint team, and I would also like to attend the meeting of the Committee tonight, as the operation is carried out."

"Absolutely, sir. I will expect you at the Palazzo tonight."

"Thank you, and Marco?"

"Sir?"

"Good luck."

He hung up, and decided to skip his show that morning. He wanted to visit the officers and soldiers who would participate in the operation, and wish them the best. They were going to need it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Eastern Realms Conference - by Justinian Kalominos - 07-17-2017, 12:12 AM