Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Microstates and Artemia

I am here to begin a discussion about the possibility of allowing Microstates to exist in Artemia. As it stands the current map does not facilitate any plots for them and the current set of rules do not allow the dividing of plots thus making their creation currently impossible. Hence this discussion to change the latter and not the former. 

I should point out that this is not a discussion for the existence of Micronations those would be like Sealand. Microstates in this are to apply to entities like Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, the Holy See (Vatican), Singapore and to an extent Hong Kong and Macao. Each of these entities has existed and survived into the modern world and for that I must say that they are some kind of modern marvel that truly exemplifies a resilience of their peoples. Though at the same point they only exist today because of the willingness of nearby nations to allow them. 

I hereby propose that Microstates be allowed to exist in Artemia but under unique circumstances and governance. I believe they should not inherently be included in the Primary-Secondary system that currently exists as they are a literal blip on the map. I also believe they should be done in a case-by-case basis directly submitted to Justinian. This would allow and ensure that they are quality and well thought out ideas and thus we won't end up with a half assed microstate. They should also be plausible much like the ones that exist in the real world currently. 

It would require that nations work together if it means carving out a small section of owned territory. For example if say Sartoria wished to have a microstate exist along the Parthenopian coast then I would need to agree to such a thing and it would need to be fleshed out as to why Parthenopias or my predecessor states didn't outright annex the city-state. 

The Reason why I believe they should be allowed into Artemia is because they allow for the rich development of stories. Each of the IRL microstates has an interesting story to tell an interesting culture and a beautiful history. That enrichment could help stir interest in lore in certain regions of our world that are currently underdeveloped. 

As for the limitations to be placed upon them that would be up to Justinian at the time of the idea being put to him. Not all microstates are as populous as Singapore or as rich as Monaco. I simply believe that they do have a place in Artemia and could provide some interest, amusement and enrichment for our region. 

Thank you Smile

Messages In This Thread
Microstates and Artemia - by Parthenopias - 07-07-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Microstates and Artemia - by Fornoire - 07-09-2017, 08:07 PM
RE: Microstates and Artemia - by Parthenopias - 07-09-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: Microstates and Artemia - by Parthenopias - 07-15-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: Microstates and Artemia - by Parthenopias - 07-15-2017, 01:51 PM
Microstates and Artemia - by Evangelous Dimitriou - 07-15-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Microstates and Artemia - by Fornoire - 07-15-2017, 03:16 PM