Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

2017 Eastern Realms Conference

Royal Palace
June 29, 9:28AM

Prince Patrizio was sitting behind his desk, reading a white brief that described in detail, without any redactions whatsoever, what had truly happened during Operation Silver Horse. A sense of deep sadness had filled him when he finished reading, at which point he lowered the report and started at First Councillor Valerio, who was sitting across the desk, evidently eager to know what he thought. Patrizio forced a short laugh, more a throat clearing really, and gathered his thoughts.

"How are you, Marco?"

"Tired, Your Highness." Valerio clearly hesitated, before deciding not to add anything else.

"You would like to take a vacation, wouldn't you?"

"I always do. I will take one when I retire." said Valerio, smiling.

Patrizio waited a few seconds, before continuing. "This could force an early retirement, if word got out. I mean, just look at this. An infiltration this big, allowing a Sacuri to influence the government at this level, is unprecedented. Your position, difficult as it is, would become deeply untenable."

"I am sure I can handle the situation, sir. I still enjoy the confidence of the Privy Council and the Senate, and my priority remains the safety of our people. I want to continue doing my job, until absolutely necessary."

"Yes, I'm sure you do." Patrizio hesitated, weighing his options. "Just know how to read the political climate, and be sure to keep the Senate informed. I know that you have problems with some senators, over your decision to keep this report a secret."

Valerio sat back, suddenly looking years older than he was. "How right you are, Your Highness."

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Eastern Realms Conference - by Justinian Kalominos - 07-21-2017, 01:07 AM