Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Prime Minister's Questions [24.05.17]

Anna showed a small smile at the opening remark of the Prime Minister. She then gave a quick glance at the paper in her left hand, the one detailing who had signed up to participate in this week's PMQ. There was always a representative from each of the six parties, often, but not always, the party leader. Once each party had their chance at asking a question, she was entitled to handpick two additional members, who hadn't previously signed up, to ask questions on the spot.

"Peristera Filis."

She knew the one, a longtime member of the Coalition for a Better Selene, Filis was a staple of the House, and well-respected by members on both sides of the aisle. A shorter woman, sitting at the left side of the hall, she rose and cleared her throat. She was holding a yellow paper, probably with some notes on it, and started speaking. "I recently received a letter from one of my constituents, a retired sergeant called Alexis. I would like to read a specific passage from it, with the Speaker's consent."

A quick glance at Anna, and she nodded back.

"I proudly served my nation during the last war with Kalos, over 60 years ago, and initially we were treated as heroes. Yet lately I feel that, as we grow old, and most of my fellow veterans have departed this life, we have been forgotten by the government, and often treated as an afterthought." Filis folded the paper, then looked directly at the Prime Minister. "Alexis is one of many living veterans from the Peninsular War, the most recent attempt by Kalos to violate our sovereignty, and destroy our freedom. Yet Alexis, like most surviving veterans, has not received adequate pensions, health care and recognition, in past years, most particularly by the party in government. Can the Prime Minister assure Alexis, and all veterans, that their wellbeing will be a top priority for this government, and that they will get the hero treatment that they deserve?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime Minister's Questions [24.05.17] - by Justinian Kalominos - 05-26-2017, 10:27 AM