Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

The man and the empress

Griffin nodded. He hadn't expected the domestic affairs of his Nation to be an issue. Of course I have all the domestic policies the least of which he expected to cause issues was the national government's policy of atheism. Of course he was prepared to defend it as he was a firm believer that a government not recognizing any religion was the truest form of secularism

" Your highness" he began " I do hope you forgive my accusation but don't you find the criticism of how we handle religion to be a tad bit....hypocritical? You're own government provides financial and political support to a religion. Yes you claim to have freedom of religion but you have an official state faithe. You declare national holidays on the days of religious celebration. In my country we believe in complete secularism. People are allowed to have their faith but their faith ends at their doorstep. Religious institutions are treated like any other Corporation. If a man wishes to spread his face he is not allowed to do it with Billboards or advertisements. He must do it personally by convincing an individual. Whill you are right there are regulations involving the open expression of religious views we do not interfere with the personal lives of those who hold them. Our society is one what is a rigid meritocracy. We are free of racism. Sexism. And we do not discriminate based on ideology. If you want to rise up in our society you simply have to be the best. Furthermore you have to understand our history. Religion was used as a tool by the monarchy to control the population. Infighting between religious minorities almost destroyed our country. We're not atheists because the government forces it on to our citizens. Where atheist because the citizens demanded it of the government" he replied finishing his justification of his nation's policies. He wished his father was here. His father was far more charismatic. If they dug deeper into there a National Domestic policies there might be more issues. His father could have skirted the issue with his words but he was not his father. All he had was his father's intelligence hopefully that would be enough. 

" as for trade... what will actually be imported and exported we can leave to the consumers. The free market will decide where it is most profitable for goods and services to be created and purchased"

Messages In This Thread
The man and the empress - by Nofreedomland - 10-14-2016, 04:57 PM
RE: The man and the empress - by Noveaux - 10-14-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: The man and the empress - by Nofreedomland - 10-14-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: The man and the empress - by Noveaux - 10-15-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: The man and the empress - by Nofreedomland - 10-15-2016, 10:40 PM
RE: The man and the empress - by Noveaux - 10-17-2016, 08:29 PM
RE: The man and the empress - by Nofreedomland - 10-17-2016, 11:20 PM