Region of Selene

Full Version: [OOC] Global Information Survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you have read the IC thread, you will know that the Global Information Survey is an effort to collect data from the various nations. This has a number of purposes, but the main ones are to help you develop your nation and to help others in knowing what kind of nation they are interacting with. If you have some questions on what would be the best way to answer a particular question in the Survey (for instance your population), here would be the place to ask. In the meantime, here are some basics tips:
  • Your answers have to be realistic. There is always some leeway, but keep it within reasonable limits.
  • Big isn't always better. If you make all your national statistics excessively large, that will hardly be realistic.
  • By the same token, your nation can't be entirely self-sufficient: it can't produce everything, have zero poverty and the like. There have to be drawbacks.
  • If your nation is on the map, I have your surface area. Make sure to ask here.
You don't have to answer all the questions, and it's always better to leave one blank if you prefer to wait for guidance here. If enough people answer, I will make maps that show which nations are monarchies, which allow capital punishment, which drive on the right, which have the highest GDP, lowest poverty rate and so on. It should be fun!
Imma need my surface area please Justinian. If possible could I get two figures for it? One that includes Lake Velaan and the other that excludes it?
Languages Spoken... should I list "Common" for whatever language the nations speak to each other? Or are universal translators an acceptable break from reality? Didn't think about that until now.

Didn't know I'd have to do math on this. I think my surface area is right to about ±8%. For economy and military numbers, I think I'd have preferred the more broad words like "Very Strong/High", "Strong/High", "Average", "Weak/Low", "Very Weak/Low", much easier and gets the point across faster. So many numbers, it's hard to tell what is intended to be low or high so far.

For voting, should there be an option for no right to vote? Doesn't apply to Aethelia, but I figure someone must be roleplaying a nation with no voting.

There's a Minimum Voting Age, what about Maximum Voting Age? Can rows be added like that?

Should Education system be added?
Or state of gender/race/sexuality equality other than abortion and marriage?
Or the status of drugs?
Or trade policy?
Or immigration policy?
Or tourism, under Economy? Aethelia depends on tourism at it's cultural centers to catch up to the other nations, it's going to look weak otherwise.
Yea I just need my current surface area please Smile
(03-07-2017, 04:53 PM)Aethelia Wrote: [ -> ]When you all phrase it like that, it's going to invite fat jokes. Ideally, it should be specified that you mean for your Selene nation, even if that's implied by the topic.

I've had to watch what I say to avoid certain rude comments in real life, so I just notice phrasing like that.

Better not be anyone trying to tell me what my surface area is.

Context is everything. That, and I know of no one here who would knowingly make a fat joke and expect to get away with it.
(03-07-2017, 09:31 AM)Aethelia Wrote: [ -> ]For economy and military numbers, I think I'd have preferred the more broad words like "Very Strong/High", "Strong/High", "Average", "Weak/Low", "Very Weak/Low", much easier and gets the point across faster. So many numbers, it's hard to tell what is intended to be low or high so far.
For voting, should there be an option for no right to vote? Doesn't apply to Aethelia, but I figure someone must be roleplaying a nation with no voting.
There's a Minimum Voting Age, what about Maximum Voting Age? Can rows be added like that?
Should Education system be added?
Or state of gender/race/sexuality equality other than abortion and marriage?
Or the status of drugs?
Or trade policy?
Or immigration policy?
Or tourism, under Economy? Aethelia depends on tourism at it's cultural centers to catch up to the other nations, it's going to look weak otherwise.

I feel that would be too ambiguous, plus the idea is to have a specific number. I can claim my military is strong, but that doesn't let others know how strong it is, nor does it help me have a realistic portrayal of my military. A military of 1 000 000 active personnel is huge, but it isn't that realistic in most cases.

The Survey is designed so that there is no set list of options (AKA you can answer each section in whatever way it applies to your nation), but I do agree it might be a good idea to clarify that "no right to vote" is also an option.

Those all look like interesting categories to be added! I plan to keep running the Survey at regular intervals, so I'll definitely add those in future ones. Smile

(03-07-2017, 04:53 PM)Aethelia Wrote: [ -> ]When you all phrase it like that, it's going to invite fat jokes.

I want to think we're all mature enough, and want to roleplay rather than make stupid and out of place jokes.
(03-09-2017, 03:57 PM)Justinian Kalominos Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2017, 04:53 PM)Aethelia Wrote: [ -> ]When you all phrase it like that, it's going to invite fat jokes.

I want to think we're all mature enough, and want to roleplay rather than make stupid and out of place jokes.

Yea honestly that didn't even occur to me as inviting jokes, I just need the km² for Atariia.
(03-07-2017, 03:50 AM)Noveaux Wrote: [ -> ]Imma need my surface area please Justinian. If possible could I get two figures for it? One that includes Lake Velaan and the other that excludes it?

Noveaux has a surface area of 954 158 km^2, Lake Velaan included. It has a surface area of 925 065 km^2 when Lake Velaan is excluded.

(03-07-2017, 01:30 PM)Atariia Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I just need my current surface area please Smile

Atariia has a surface area of 2 133 992 km^2. Sorry for the delay, but it's been a busy couple of weeks for me. Smile
I have a few comments on Survey results:

1. Kumari: please remember that the foundation date is for when your country was constituted as such, rather than when the current government came to be. Basically, when Kumari became Kumari.
2. Atariia: maybe you could check against your military expenditures? Remember it's the percentage of the GDP, not of the budget. Smile
(03-12-2017, 05:06 PM)Justinian Kalominos Wrote: [ -> ]Kumari: please remember that the foundation date is for when your country was constituted as such, rather than when the current government came to be. Basically, when Kumari became Kumari.

Fixed
Pages: 1 2