Region of Selene

Full Version: [OOC] Global Information Survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here goes some friendly advice:

(03-21-2017, 06:55 PM)Dictator Archibald Geskin Wrote: [ -> ]4. Power Structure: Authoritarian

This relates to how power is given to the subnational units in your country. Is power held by the national government and then given to subnational units? Then your country is unitary. Is power shared between the national government and its subnational units? Then your country is federal. Is power held by the subnational units and part of it given to the national government? Then your country is probably confederal.

(03-21-2017, 06:55 PM)Dictator Archibald Geskin Wrote: [ -> ]1. Population: 124,967,418

That's rather high, particularly with a population density of 116/km^2. I would strongly suggest revising that figure, or alternatively lowering some of your economic development and prosperity stats. There have to be some trade offs, particularly if you want to be located in a rather unstable part of the world.

(03-21-2017, 06:55 PM)Dictator Archibald Geskin Wrote: [ -> ]7. Religions: Baptism(38%) Catholicism(22%) Atheism(18%) Judaism(12%) Other(8%)

It's not actually forbidden to use real world religions, but at the same time you should understand that they can't be based on the real world. In other words, if you want to say a majority of your people are Christians, you have to know that version of Christianity can't involve Jesus being born in Israel, St. Peter being killed on Vatican Hill and so on, because none of those places exist in Artemia. To give another example, a hypothetical version of Islam couldn't use Mecca and Medina as its holy cities, because they don't exist here; in fact, the whole Arabian peninsula doesn't exist in our world.

So yes, you can use the above religions, but you'd have to adapt them to our world. Or you could always come up with your own religions, or use some of those already existing in other nations: Novean Faith, Alssahran Prophets, Lateranism, etc. You could always ask to see what each is about.

(03-21-2017, 06:55 PM)Dictator Archibald Geskin Wrote: [ -> ]1. Gross Domestic Product: 142,848,753,769R
2. GDP per capita: 28,746R

Remember that all figures are in Selenid Solidi, with an equivalency of SES 1.00 = USD 1.00.

(03-21-2017, 06:55 PM)Dictator Archibald Geskin Wrote: [ -> ]3. Active Personnel: 30,794,542
4. Reserve Personnel: 6,327,583

I'm afraid that's simply too high. Even the China has only 2.3 million active personnel, which is an insanely huge amount, and that's because they have 1.5 billion people. I would suggest checking this list to see which country best matches yours.

--

Obviously this is all with the aim of helping make things a bit more realistic, so we can all play on an even field. If you have any questions or comments, please do tell me. Smile
@Mantsebo:
Please keep in mind that "Roman" Catholicism doesn't exist in our world (there is no such place as Rome). The same applies to the names of RL languages: you can use the languages themselves, but you have to use their roleplay names, or come up with them (for instance, I use Italian, but call it Sartorian).
Pages: 1 2