Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: Right or Left wing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Left
90.00%
9 90.00%
Right
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Left or Right?

(09-20-2016, 09:11 PM)Constantine Lambros Wrote: I'm always curious to see what everyone thinks of the political systems in America directly. Does anyone else see a problem with the way we vote, or the way the president is selected, or the method of Justice appointments, or elections for judges, or do you see none at all? Those sorts o' things are more crucial to me, as the guy who will use o' in a sentence that isn't Irish-inspired or a time. Tongue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a problem with liberal and representative democracies in general, so uh... yes. All of the above :p well, except maybe with the exception of justice appointments, but something needs to be done about the fact that one party can effectively shut down the entire process.

I'm not against democracies in general though.

(09-23-2016, 01:17 PM)Qastari Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 09:11 PM)Constantine Lambros Wrote: I'm always curious to see what everyone thinks of the political systems in America directly. Does anyone else see a problem with the way we vote, or the way the president is selected, or the method of Justice appointments, or elections for judges, or do you see none at all? Those sorts o' things are more crucial to me, as the guy who will use o' in a sentence that isn't Irish-inspired or a time. Tongue

I see a problem with liberal and representative democracies in general, so uh... yes. All of the above :p well, except maybe with the exception of justice appointments, but something needs to be done about the fact that one party can effectively shut down the entire process.

I'm not against democracies in general though.

Representative democracy is great! I can be a Francis Underwood with it!

Where is the problem with liberal and representative democracy, though?

I personally feel that democracy is flawed. It takes too long for anything to happen, and not only that, the majority rule anyway, so what's the point? That's just my opinion tho.

(09-23-2016, 02:19 PM)Hentail Wrote: I personally feel that democracy is flawed. It takes too long for anything to happen, and not only that, the majority rule anyway, so what's the point? That's just my opinion tho.

The point is that you don't have power kept in the hands of the few. At least ideally.

[Image: ovHnHWj.jpg]

I think that nations should be run by direct democracy, sure it would take a bit longer but with phones being extremely common nowadays it could be done via app.

Direct democracy is shit.

I will explain later in a bit more detail, but it is expensive, inefficient, extremely prone to public opinion, easily broken, easy to commit fraud, etc. that's not even mentioning the problems with electronic voting.

A nation run through direct democracy is dangerously prone to devolving into a tyranny of the majority.

(09-23-2016, 05:26 PM)Justinian Kalominos Wrote: A nation run through direct democracy is dangerously prone to devolving into a tyranny of the majority.

I once heard this in one of my classes:

"What can you do with 50% plus one?"

"Trump!"

Wait so your against having power in the hands of the few, but also against having power in hands of the many.
Also how is representative democracy any better, bribes and the like could change an entire nation, also if the majority wanted to team up and vote for the person that shares their values it would pretty much be tyranny by majority either. Also what so bad about tyranny by majority, sure if you had 50% on one side and 50% on the other and then one person voted on one side so it got passed/done on that sides way, it would be a bit stupid but that scenario probably wouldn't happen very often.