Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC] Tenochtitlán Summit

Valerio was sitting in the Conference Room, immersed in his thoughts, starting uncomfortably at the King of Fornoire. He had been talking in another language with his Foreign Minister, but Valerio could not discern what they had been discussing. He was slightly annoyed at the rudeness of ignoring a fellow foreign official, but he tried to be understanding, thinking that maybe what the King was doing was not at all inappropriate in Fornoire. He was about to address the King when the door opened, revealing a man that Valerio instantly recognised as Aaron Pulkim, the idealistic new President of Seloana. They had yet to meet, but Valerio was sure he had sent a congratulatory message upon his election. Pulkin spoke:

"Gentlemen, I do apologize for my poor timing. I am Aaron Pulkim, President of the New Republic of Seloana. It is my honor to stand before such impressive figures as yourselves."

Valerio stood, approaching him and extending his hand, ready to shake it. "It is my pleasure, Mr President. May I introduce myself; I am Marco Valerio, First Councillor of the Principality of Sartoria. It is a pleasure to finally meet you, and please convey my very best to the good people of Seloana."

Pulkim reached out and met Valerio's handshake.

"I do appreciate your good will and virtue, First Councillor. It has certainly been one of the more difficult first months of a Seloan presidency, and I'm very happy to be here and out of the office, away from the endless debates of the Congressional Halls. I'm certainly looking forward to see what we can get done here with yourself, Primeir Queztal and Mr. Fortuin. I'll admit, I don't know much about the leaders of Sylon and Fornoire, but, I'm certainly interested in what they might bring to the table."

Valerio nodded, well aware of the long-running problems that Seloana faced. Most in Mekselia probably held it in low regard, but politics in the northern regions were different, and people there were very much in tune with the plight that Seloans faced. In his internal list, helping stabilise Seloana was a top goal, one that would contribute to having a safer region for those living in it and safer trade between the Grand Sea and the rest of the world.

"I am well aware of the problems that Seloana faces. Please know that my Government will be a friend to your administration in addressing the issues of lawlessness and development. If we work together, I am fully confident that our nations can become partners in our mutual development, and examples of what positive cooperation can achieve."

Tenochtitlán, Tepetitlán

Hearing a voice or two, Willihiam quickly closed his book. He heard what they had just said, and extended his hand to the President of Seloana. He admired Aaron. An idealistic man compared to his Libertarian Congress in a nation rumoured in Fornoire to be a nation of thieves, he had hopes that he would fix Seloana, as it was a danger to it's area, and to itself

"Greetings, I am King Willihiam III, of the Kingdom of Fornoire. It is an honour to meet you, and I admire on how you stand, despite your...unique situation"

He had also seen the Ministers of Akarus, and he greeted them as well

"Greetings, I am King Willihiam III, of the Kingdom of Fornoire. How do you do?"

El-Ghazzawy sat in her assigned chair at the large table, thinking quietly while observing the rest. She was sat near the end of the table, so much of the conversation was not centered around her anyways. This gave her some time to go over her notes laid out on the table in front of her.

She had remembered there was one additional party coming, but they had only been able to arrive late. El-Ghazzawy cleared her throat and gave a loud message. "The delegation from Parsania is still on their way, sirs."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valerio turned to face the man who had just stood up, extending his hand just as he made a slight bow, a sign of respect toward the monarch of a foreign power.

"Greetings Your Majesty. I am First Councillor Marco Valerio of Sartoria. I would like to convey the best wishes of Prince Patrizio to you and your people. We are your friends.

Turning so he could face all the attending leaders, particularly El-Ghazzawy, he kept talking. "Thank you for the information, First Councillor. Once all leaders have arrived, I hope we can discuss mechanisms for diplomatic cooperation, economic integration and ways in which we can deepen the ties that bind our nations together. We may be far away from each other, in certain cases, but that should only strengthen our resolve to create lasting ties, which may hopefully result in a safer, fairer world for all."

Shapur Kafan, Shahanshah of the Parsanid Empire, landed in Tenochtitlán following the crossing of the Bahan Sea, having left from Lapa with nearly as much splendor as during his coronation three months ago.  This was, after all, this new young Emperor’s first official visit to another nation, less than a year after his election to the Throne of Sublime Light.  With him on this journey was Li Shimin, former member of the Holy Council and current foreign minister, an older man who had been a dominant figure in Parsanid politics during the reigns of Shahanshahs Osroes II and Hormizd, retiring from the Council, although not politics, midway through the reign of the latter.
The two men and their entourage disembarked after arriving in port and traveled the rest of the way to the palace by car, the confident, yet still somewhat apprehensive young Shahanshah looking out at the capital of their northern neighbors, greatly interested in learning all he could of the diverse cultures of Bahan, from architecture to cuisine to regional customs.  The foreign minister contented himself with continuing to study what was currently known of the other delegations throughout the trip.
When they arrived, their delegation left the cars, Shapur quickly smoothing his imperial robe, Li straightening his tunic suit, before approaching the palace itself.

Premier Quetzal had greeted all the leaders personally, and had waited for them to take their seats. Once the formalities had been completed, and the delegates seated, the Premier began to speak.

"Welcome, fellow heads-of-state and delegates to the Federation of Tepetitlán. I, along with Sartoria and Sylon, called for this summit to discuss a multitude of issues. The first and foremost is to begin negotiations for an economic union between all our nations. Open trade amongst our countries will benefit us all. The second of these issues is to figure out what to do about the Soltek Refugee crisis. Procellia has already made clear that they will not be taking refugees. I've deployed the 4th and 2nd Naval Fleets off the coast of the Sol Federation, but our efforts need to be coordinated. Additionally, my nation has a bit of a human trafficking issue. Religious fundamentalists who refuse to accept the reforms of over 200 years ago have a criminal network where they bring in people from foreign lands for the purpose of human sacrifice. Our government is doing everything to stop them, but if we are too strong in our tactics, we may incite an armed rebellion. We believe the best course of action is to stop the flow of kidnapped people at their source. Additionally, other nations may bring up topics that they believe warrant a discussion at this summit. With that, let us get started"

First Councillor Valerio signaled his intent to speak, in his condition as representative from one of the three countries that had convened the meeting. He leaned forward, looking sideways to acknowledge all leaders, and began to speak.

"My fellow leaders, I cannot think of a better time for us to meet. It is easy to talk of alliances and economic development when the world is at peace, when the sole challenge is how to continue growing our economies. It is much more difficult to talk about alliances when the stakes are high, when the world is without coherent leadership, when joining might cause others to resent us. I stand here in representation of Sartoria because my government believes that our nations joined together can provide the kind of quality leadership that the world needs, that our diplomatic and economic resources can be used to improve the lives of our various peoples and those of other nations in need."

He gently gestured at the window. "Our world is in need of leadership. We have refugee crises in the Sol Federation and Kauzka. We have dangerous ideologies and leaders appearing, most prominently Edward Yutan, and the safety of our nations depends on our ability to be an effective alternative to the authoritarian ways of Yutan. We must provide an alternative that compromises democratic governance, safe peoples and free trade."

"Let us not ignore though the challenges that many nations in this very room are facing." he said, now making a circular gesture around the table "Many nations are in need of assistance in developing their own industries, consolidating the victories in years recent or enforcing the rule of law so they can begin the road towards economic and social development. Our alliance must have those needs in mind, and focus on addressing them, on helping each other through the establishment of free trade areas, the exchange of technological knowledge, the establishment of networks for the exchange of the items necessary for the development of all nations in this room and the setting of clear and measurable goals for that development, so that after a certain time we can look back and asses how well our plan has been implemente and much how there is left for us to do."

"I hope you will join me in pursuing these goals, and I look forward to holding a productive meeting in the course of the next few days."

Pulkim bowed respectfully towards Wilhelm. It certainly was not every day that Pulkim had the leader with such experience behind him take notice of his small; at least in comparison to the others in the room, career.

"Please, Your Majesty, the honor is mine. I am but a mere few months into my Presidency. Your experience certainly far goes over mine."

Pulkim then noticed the call to order and quickly went to his seat before Premier Quetzal spoke.