Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

A Pretender Rises (Eskaeban Civil War Thread)

Grand Hall of Ceredonia
Golzemia, Ceredonia

"It's absolutely barbaric, how we'd just sign away on treaties proposed by those who have oppressed us for decades! And you claim to be a nationalist to Ceredonia! Pathetic!" shouted Grand Assembly Minister Obren Andrić. "I, on behalf of all Ceredonians, call upon you to revoke this unjust and treasonous treaty!"

President Gavrilović stood up from his seat in the centre of the hall, and gestured for the Minister to take his seat.

"This treaty is the only way to guarantee us Ceredonian independence that is unimpeded by the southern Eskaebans. Had it not been for the treaty, our noble soldiers would be spread thin, fighting a two-front war that we could not win. I dread to think of such an end to our grand Republic, and I pledge with all my heart and soul that I will never let that happen. Clause 3 of the treaty also ensures that, should the southern Eskaebans proclaim victory in the civil war, that they will recognise and assure Ceredonian independence." Applause followed his short speech.

The Minister rose again, in rebuttal.

"You cannot be serious in believing that these traitorous folk that surround us will uphold their end of the treaty. You and I know full well that as soon as their influence is secured across the whole of Eskaeba, we will be trampled by their newfound authority! We must strike when the time is right, and that strike starts with the revocation of the Treaty of Gazia."

His address ended with a similar level of applause. Andrić had fought in one of the various militias who fought for Ceredonian independence in the 1970s, and was adamant that Ceredonia should undertake a national policy of nationalism, protectionism and isolationism. As one of the 40 ministers that occupied the Grand Hall, his opinion definitely resonated with some of the more nationalist ministers.

Bombing raids by Michelite forces today commenced on military outposts and installations near the city of Aseucia, a squadron of 8 bombers flew over the city, causing a few civilian casualties. Many begin to speculate that the city will become the site of a major battle in the future. The front between the two combatants had been silent for almost a week, the longest such period of inactivity in the entire war.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Pretender Rises (Eskaeban Civil War Thread) - by Pricey - 04-07-2019, 01:10 PM