Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Kauzka-Procellia meeting [IC]

'Ah yes, well I don't really mind about how he is being held it's just that the public likes that kind of information and I wanted to have an answer if the question arose. But I was also wondering about the meeting that was being hosted here before Ranxiagrir came in, since I never got the chance to attend I was wondering what had happened during the meeting and also about Procellia's relationship with Selene, as I know there are some anti-Selene countries out there and I wanted to know what stance you have on that' Sasaufe asked.

The Dras leaned back in his seat and looked out the window. They had just reached the bridge that led to the city. The mammoth feat of engineering was built like an ancient aqueduct and was heavily ornamented with figures along the railings, if it weren't for its sheer size it could easily be mistaken for being much older than t really was.

Looking out over the glacial lake he could just see the snow laden clouds beginning to enter the valley, engulfing the mountains as they did so.

"It was mostly about trade deals, opening markets and the such. Honestly nothing much of note" he said calmly

Pausing for a moment he said slowly and deliberately "As for our international relations with Selene my nation is officially neutral and we do not make any official stances... however, I believe you will find that Selene is VERY unpopular amongst my people. Now I must reiterate that Procellia is officially neutral and not hostile in anyway, but as an individual I am allowed to say I'd gladly watch them burn without remorse"

The Demon King of course was correct. As a result of the terrorist attack the nation had adopted new laws that made it illegal for the government to officially take a position on any foreign nation. This also meant that passing laws with the intention of supporting one side of a conflict to the detriment of the other was a crime. However, any official was allowed to express their personal opinion; and in Procellia, despite being officially neutral, the nation did have a deep seated hate for Selene.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

'Yes the Kioko express a similar distaste for Selene, mostly due to the way they affected our culture and although I myself had the hatred instilled in my at a young age I have come to forgive them and offer them another chance' Sasaufe replied 'but they are not high on my list of favourite countries which is why I'm here and one of my Councillors is at Mekselia' She leaned forward in her seat to get a better glimpse of the architecture 'well shutting yourselves out from the rest of the world certainly didn't affect your development, Kauzka has no wonders such as these, except perhaps for the gardens of which Hiask Garden is named' she remarked 'I find our countries quite similar, save that yours recovered and possibly thrived after its encounter with Selene while mine did not' she sat back in her chair again and fell into thought.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The Dras smiled with pride at the compliments. It was quite possibly his biggest weakness, his pride in his nation.

"Yes, our size and ingenuity has blessed us greatly. The guardians of our Empire have allowed us to thrive and survive"

A thought occurred to the Dras and he said "Driver please take us to the National Cathedral. I wish to show our guest the heart of the Empire."

The drive through the city was a long and quiet one, giving the occupants the chance to enjoy the sights. Beautiful canals snaked their way through the capital, feeding the many parks filled with evergreens. The cobblestone streets seemed a perfect compliment to the ornate limestone structures that made up the city.

The driver pulled over onto the side of the road and parked. Opening the door and getting out the Dras made a grand gesture at the cathedral on the hill above them "Sasaufe welcome to the National Cathedral. Or more formally The Cathedral of the Demon King's Oath"[Image: 69b3c2f6f3e68ba1f730b2ed5db56f0f.jpg]

[Image: 343bc3cfe66a1d440c58dcb8f234cccf.jpg]

[Image: 596bfbaa8bd91474ee43f911c9d090d0.jpg]

[Image: 62861f1d1225613dd51ad9b58de56ce7.jpg]

[Image: 1cbc6848c7329132b372e155cd6ca1f9.jpg]

[Image: 527d833a202c06f90b0021d86a11d0fa.jpg]

[Image: cb00c899bdb1f80edb6cdcd756a7f1eb.jpg]

(Ooc: There would be evergreens and pines all around it)

'Wow' Sasaufe remarked at the building as she stepped out of the car 'it's beautiful' Sasaufe had never seen any buildings like this. The palace in Sanctuarum was a large building and was beautiful in its own right but she had never seen architecture like this before. She loved the tall spires that pointed to the sky, and the pine trees were a perfect addition to it. 'Can we look inside?' she asked feeling like a child again.
(OOC this is was the Sanctuarum castle looks like) https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...KIkz9vCAMP

The Dras, grinning like a kid, pulled two scarves from the cab and handed one to the woman before putting the other over his head, covering it so that only his red eyes could be seen.

"It would be an honor, but please use this scarf to cover your hair and all but your eyes. It is a sacred place and even as King I must veil myself."

After ensuring that everyone including the guards was properly fitted, the demon King led them across the canal and up the steps to the cathedral. The cathedral was easily two hundred feet above the street level, but with the many pines on the grounds it felt almost like a magical walk in the park though it took nearly ten minutes.

The Dras stopped once they had reached the massive oak doors that guarded the front entrance, and addressing his guests said "Before we enter would you wish to receive the blessing of a priestess my friend? I need to know now because once we enter we may only speak if it is to offer prayer to the King of Kings."

'I would gladly receive a blessing, although my religion keeps me from praying or offering to any God, there is no harm in receiving a blessing' she stood and waited to see if the blessing would be conducted

"Of course, just be certain to not speak inside the walls if you please your grace" he replied, as if she had said the most reasonable thing. With an effort the oak doors slid open on greased hinges, revealing the expanse within. The floors and walls glowed in the light offered by the gas lamps flickering above and on the walls.

Slowly guiding the small group through the hall ways the Dras stopped before a solid oak door, which bore an inscription in à language that had been long forgotten since it was mounted. Beside the door stood a pedestal with red and black stones neatly stacked, the Dras selected a red one and handed it to his guest before leading her through this door and into the main chamber.

The massive room glowed from the gas lamps, which even at the height of day struggled to light the cavernous room, at the head of which was a large stained glass window and a black slab of granite on a raised platform.

The stained glass was a virtual maze of glass in reds and other dark hues, meant to portray the flames of hell.

Taking Sasaufe's hand containing the stone the Dras gently guided her to a pillar of red granite to the left of the alter and motioned for her to drop the stone into the hole bored into its center.

She complied, almost in a daze as the dark large room mesmerised her. She felt as if she didn't belong, and so followed the Dras carefully so that she did not do anything wrong.