Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC] Mekselia Summit

Valerio was quite good at noticing multiple things when they were happening st the same time, and he was noticing how his aides were displaying nervous looks as some leaders exchanged anti-Selenid rhetoric. While some kept talking, he turned to face the aides behind him and nodded with an amused look on his face, implying that he would handle the rhetoric. Calling for order, he rose and spoke again:

"Gentlemen, I am not oblivious to the discussions that are taking place in this room, and I must remind you that this summit was not called to engage in rhetoric against a nation that has done much to promote development and peace around the world." he looked around the room, starting directly at each ambassador "I called this summit because we needed a space to establish ties, to form institutions for common dialogue, to lower barriers for trade and the exchange of information. We need to use this summit as an opportunity to establish a more open and thriving world, but only if we display a willingness to work together."

Valerio turned to Secretary Ilhuitl, though still addressing everyone. "Sartoria and Tepetltlan share access to an inland sea. We need to establish mechanisms for common access to that sea and the commerce regime that will affect it. But we should also go beyond, we should establish the kind of continuous contact that we owe each other as neighbours. As my first proposals for this summit, I propose that we all exchange diplomatic missions and agree to hold regular summits to discuss the state of the world."

He paused, though still standing, and waited to see how his guests reacted.

"Hey so finally NOW you start talking," said Yutan. "It seems someone has a bias towards Selene." But Yutan saw that continuing to talk about it was clearly not the diplomatic thing to do. While he was rude to Valerio, he came here for a reason. So then he said, "But hey, let's forget about it, I agree we need to exchange diplomatic missions. And well yes, summits are needed more, but you don't need to be the host all the time. Summits should be held in areas of all countries. No offense, Valerio, you're such an amazing host and all, but everyone needs to have a chance right?" He then looks at all the delegates, expecting them to agree. "Next time, as I am the one to have suggested this, it should be at the capital of the Sol Federation where you all can meet the leader himself. But anyways I'm getting sidetracked, but most of your points I agree with, but you must know that the Sol Federation censors the media and restricts emigration right? Our citizens don't need to know about the outside world. We came to this meeting to establish trade to make money, the main reason we came here." Yutan then paused to await everyone's response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhat shocked an bewildered, Secretary Meztli Ilhuitl caught himself staring at the delegation of the Sol Federation in disbelief. His very first trip as Secretary of State, and things had already become rather tense. Not wanting to accidently cause an international incident, Meztli Ilhuitl looked at, and grabbed for his glass of water, and took a small drink. Having gathered himself, the Secretary of State stood up to make a remark.

"Despite the harsh and rude tone of the remarks just made by the Sol Federation, a valid point has been made. Each nation should have a right and responsibility to hold summits at later dates. In order to do this, we must all have formal diplomatic ties with one another. The Tepetltlán Delegation seconds the motion to establish diplomatic ties with all attending nations."

Meztli Ilhuitl lowered himself back into his chair, feeling much more confident about himself. Having made himself comortable, he then looked back towards Valerio and the other delegations, awaiting their responses.

'Yes I agree' Heesish added 'This should be a place of peace where we can put our past behind us for now and instead look at the present and future, Kauzka came here for trade, but unlike Yutan here we also wished to establish a better relationship with Selene and the other nations here, although my discussion with Yutan may have suggested otherwise and I thing I will come clean about why I was talking to him about anti-Selene things. You see Kauzka is in a tough time at the moment, although we have crushed the rebels it took a heavy toll on us and when Yutan started talking anti-Selene I saw it as an opportunity to at least have some back up if Selene decided to break there promises of peace, I mean you only have to look at what happened to Procellia to be a bit wary of them. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but the safety and security of Kauzka is my first priority ' Heesish finished and sat down to see how Marco would respond

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Takis stood up and said " Although we refuse to admit it our region is being overrun by terrorists form the corner of Fornoire to even my country so I agree that we need security and safety but we also need to make our politics, religion and culture in peace with one another to stop these terrorist groups. Now you may seem to say that this is a safe place to live but we all need to open our eyes because this is the threat that has made the biggest blow in our region".

then Takis was later interrupted by one of his guards stating this " Your car and three of your guards have been attacked by an Ottoman Turkish extremist but we managed to subdue him".

After hearing the news he started crying because of hearing of three of his men who had families and children were killed by a Ottoman Terrorist.

Then he turned to the rest of the leaders and said to them " Death is a sad thing gentlemen and we need to stop it for the greater good".

Yutan went to Takis and said, "My friend, the Sol Federation, will gladly help you in this time of need, just tell us how. The Sol Federation is willing to aid a friend."

Takis said to Yutan " The thing that will help is to stop these terror acts but the rivalries and the religious disputes is making people and even nations fall. I would like to see that we all negotiate on why we have these disputes with one another and maybe negotiate. Or if they are just terrorist groups to simply kill people we must exterminate them.

He turned to Valerio " Sir we need to address this or terror and fear will never stop in this region

"Obviously we must completely exterminate them," said Yutan. "Any threat to a nation must be dealt with by any means. Even if it may seem violent. If that doesn't work we may have completely destroy the Turks. It may seem extreme but hey, the nation and its people come first right?" Then Yutan sits down and awaits everyone's response.

Takis then thought to himself " He is right we need to exterminate them but what about other terrorist groups like the ones that attacked Fornoire". Then he stood up and said "We also need to know what is making these uprisings as well as exterminate them".

He continued " This is possibly the outcome of either Selene being a super power nation or a religious and racial war but the truth is we do not know"

Then Takis said " Now I am going to offer the Imperial Military Greek military support to anyone who is rich in oil".

'Are you serious?' Heesish said to Takis 'do you seriously think that these unrelated terrorist attacks are an outcome of Selene being a superpower nation? All of these terrorist attacks are unrelated, the ones in Fornoire are localized and the outcome of the royalty giving rich people to much power, there were no terrorists the conflicts were between the lower and upper classes, as for the ones in your nation they most likely have a completely different motivation and from what information I've gathered it's the result of a conflict between two countries or you being oppressive to the Turks, as for the terrorist attacks in Kauzka, that was a religious and cultural conflict, partially due to Selene yes but mostly due to events in the 1900's, none of these attacks are related and much less due to Selene being a superpower nation' Heesish continued standing but feeling like he'd made his point, relaxed a little then to Marco said 'If everyone here is going to keep accusing Selene of every bad thing happening to them then we are going to get nowhere in this meeting and only raise tensions between Selene and the other countries, I suggest that Selene should now be left out of this meeting unless you can back up your argument with evidence or we are discussing trade, and if I were you I'd get this fool to sit down before he offends any pro-Selene nations and starts a war' Heesish slowly lowered himself into his seat, glaring at Takis.