Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Star Wars

What are your thoughts on Star Wars?

Like it? Hate it? Like the Prequels or the Sequels?

Personally, I love the Prequels and Originals, but I dislike what I've seen of the Sequels so far. That said, I've read plenty of novels from the new canon, and I love them all so far.

As for The Last Jedi, I'll go watch it, but I can't say I'm excited about it.

So, what do you all think?

I love the rich lore that has developed through the EU and from actual cannon.

Love Star Wars... I actually really enjoy the prequels from a lore perspective though they definitely seemed more poorly written in terms of story.

I agree, Episode VII seemed good but I don't personally think it lived up to the hype. As for VIII I'm skeptical it'll be pulled off super well because I didn't really like VII. To be fair though I hate how VII, VIII and IX are completely nullifying the EU which to me had some of the greatest stories and characters.

MITTH'RAW'NURUODO WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST

I have to admit I haven't read many EU novels or comic books, so my knowledge of the Expanded Universe comes mostly from Wookieepedia. I have read many more New Canon novels, and I really like their development. I think my Top 3 favourites are, in no particular order:

- The Levers of Power: Rae Sloane commanding a Star Destroyer during the Battle of Endor.
- Lost Stars: Two friends grow up during the time of the Original Trilogy and until the Battle of Jakku and get involved in galactic events.
- Bloodline: As tensions rise in the New Republic, Princess Leia discovers a plot to undermine the NR. This happens 6 years before The Force Awakens.