Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Viral Containment Center

The enigmatic leader of the recently established Viral Containment Center was known to the world as only "Tek". Though the specialized branch of the Ministry of Health had only been recently established, from its headquarters in Likos its influence and power had rapidly spread across the globe as reports of the mysterious contagion emerged.

As reports of this mysterious virus intensified, so did news from the VCC. Its contacts with world leaders became an almost daily occurrence. And now some claimed he had sent classified reports to the world's political elite, briefing them on a set of supposed "Directives". Cultural icons and biological samples worldwide apparently disappeared into VCC facilities with no warning, the world's top scientists suddenly transferred to its employment. All while suppressing even the existence of the VCC to the world.

Now Tek stood in the halls of Selene, face to face with Emperor Justinian himself. Tek's personal armed bodyguards stood read by his side.

"Emperor Justinian. Crown Prince Constantine. We face a catastrophe of unprecedented proportions, and we must respond accordingly. The dead are rising and infecting the living with their plague. Thus far you have heeded my advice to control its spread, and for that I am grateful. But the ordinary measures allowed by ordinary situations are not sufficient for this extraordinary situation. We need a leadership will to take whatever measures are necessary to fight this virus, one willing to do so no matter how extreme or how many lives - if you can call them that - may be lost. It has become clear to me that such needs cannot be met under the normal government of Selene. The VCC needs unlimited executive authority to implement the measures I have proposed. No politics or bureaucratic red tape, only unquestioned authority to act by any means necessary. You've seen my reports, you've had your scientists confirm my conclusions. I merely ask that you give me what I need to let us survive."

Messages In This Thread
Viral Containment Center - by Tek - 10-27-2016, 11:32 PM
RE: Viral Containment Center - by Tek - 10-29-2016, 09:11 AM