Region of Selene

Full Version: Star Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your thoughts on Star Wars?

Like it? Hate it? Like the Prequels or the Sequels?

Personally, I love the Prequels and Originals, but I dislike what I've seen of the Sequels so far. That said, I've read plenty of novels from the new canon, and I love them all so far.

As for The Last Jedi, I'll go watch it, but I can't say I'm excited about it.

So, what do you all think?
I love the rich lore that has developed through the EU and from actual cannon.

Love Star Wars... I actually really enjoy the prequels from a lore perspective though they definitely seemed more poorly written in terms of story.

I agree, Episode VII seemed good but I don't personally think it lived up to the hype. As for VIII I'm skeptical it'll be pulled off super well because I didn't really like VII. To be fair though I hate how VII, VIII and IX are completely nullifying the EU which to me had some of the greatest stories and characters.
MITTH'RAW'NURUODO WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST
I have to admit I haven't read many EU novels or comic books, so my knowledge of the Expanded Universe comes mostly from Wookieepedia. I have read many more New Canon novels, and I really like their development. I think my Top 3 favourites are, in no particular order:

- The Levers of Power: Rae Sloane commanding a Star Destroyer during the Battle of Endor.
- Lost Stars: Two friends grow up during the time of the Original Trilogy and until the Battle of Jakku and get involved in galactic events.
- Bloodline: As tensions rise in the New Republic, Princess Leia discovers a plot to undermine the NR. This happens 6 years before The Force Awakens.