Region of Selene

Full Version: General News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the OOC for the General News Thread

Any questions about the thread can be left here or messaged to the RP Councillor. 
If you're unsure of whether or not your post is within the limits just message the RP Councillor or another Government official or leave the question here to be answered. 

Have fun!
So, the purpose is to use General News for anything a little too long for Flash News?
They look the same except for intended post length.
It's worth mentioning that any article posted in General News will not be reproduced in The Byzantium Herald. That is unlike posts in Flash News, which will generally be added to the Herald's news ticker.
So that's the real reason for the length limit... I didn't know about that news ticker thing until recently when the ns region's link to the forum was removed and a link to the main selene.online website was added so that we'd have to go through that to get to the forums, I'd guess that was the intention of that move as I wouldn't have known that there's an actual main site if that wasn't done, and otherwise would have no idea what you meant by the news ticker, and would have forgotten that Herald is a real word and not just an uncommon male name.

Not complaining, just noting. I do QA stuff so sometimes it's my job to analyze differences and understand why they're done.
(01-31-2017, 08:33 PM)Aethelia Wrote: [ -> ]So that's the real reason for the length limit... I didn't know about that news ticker thing until recently when the ns region's link to the forum was removed and a link to the main selene.online website was added so that we'd have to go through that to get to the forums, I'd guess that was the intention of that move as I wouldn't have known that there's an actual main site if that wasn't done, and otherwise would have no idea what you meant by the news ticker, and would have forgotten that Herald is a real word and not just an uncommon male name.

Not quite. Flash News was started as a way of sharing quick news that don't necessarily deserve full articles. For instance: "Justinian Kalominos turned 169 yesterday. He celebrated with an exclusive party in Kalominos Palace." A couple of weeks ago, Noveaux pointed out that having a news ticker in the website of The Byzantium Herald would be cool. I agreed, so I installed one, and decided that we would fill it with Flash News posts. It really is as simple as that. Smile