Region of Selene

Full Version: (A call to Selene) Territorial annexation of unclaimed land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing that the fall of the Jalis government ended up giving birth to an endless civil conflict and increased the bandit activity of the area to astonishing levels, the Queen of Xialta, Constantina Vasileiou Yakushkina, has requested from the global superpower, Selene, to give the right to Xialta to annex a small area near the Ichthes river and rename it into Ochyro. Area in question:
[Image: wewlads.jpg]
This is what Queen Constantina had to say: "It's very unfortunate that the people of this land have to suffer, because of the mistakes of the Jalis government. Our aim is to give shelter and food to the people of that small district, in return, we will make the people of this land ours, teach them our history, culture and turn them into Xialtan citizens. It's certainly much more pleasant than leaving them to their fate, dying of thirst or getting murdered by marauders. Plus, this territory is very much surrounded by Xialta's borders anyways, which makes our ownership of it pretty much inevitable."
Xialtan APCs and Transport Helicopters are already near the Xialtan borders, ready to land into the unclaimed territory, eliminate all the bandits and secure the place, only waiting for a green light by the Xialtan government, which in return is waiting for an "Okay" from Selene.

WARNING: ALL OF THE ABOVE IS FALSE ALARM,
READ FINAL REPLIES FOR MORE INFO
Fornoire has objected to the takeover, calling Xialta "imperialist" for trying to annex a neighbouring nation. "Intervene and help it, instead of annexing another nation without it's consent", said Fornoire's Prime Minister, Venuse Petage.
The Council of Foreign Relations and Trade (C.F.R.T.) of Xialta sends an apology-for-inconvenience letter to Fornoire's Prime Minister, trying to convince Fornoire that the people of said territory have no nation or government to turn back to and it would be nice for them to find an efficient caretaker, that would provide them with the essentials to live like proper citizens, rather than be victims to hunger, raiders and, potentially, terrorists. This is by no means an act of imperialism, but a compassionate adoption of a dying people. If this were an act of Xialtan imperialism, the mighty Xialtan military would've annexed that territory, while Jalis was still around!
OOC:
Jalis is assumed never to have existed in the first place. That is the standard practice when a nation is removed from the map, unless otherwise stated.
(11-05-2016, 11:10 AM)Justinian Kalominos Wrote: [ -> ]OOC:
Jalis is assumed never to have existed in the first place. That is the standard practice when a nation is removed from the map, unless otherwise stated.
OOC: Oh. Well, this is awkward. Should I change the subject from being Jalis into a "whatever" nation that fell and its native population is living in despair? Because I am really eager to claim that territory... and I would imagine that it's not all THAT significant, due to its small size, right?
OOC:
I would advise against it, since we have no proof that there was ever a nation there, not to mention any future member that claims that land should be free to create their own national history. In any case, your plot is well below the size limit. Would you want me to simply add that land to your territory?
Also, but this isn't as significant, Selene the country is not a role player in Media. It has gone into a isolationist phase after 2013 and the unification of Kalos and Selene.
(11-05-2016, 01:26 PM)Constantine Lambros Wrote: [ -> ]Also, but this isn't as significant, Selene the country is not a role player in Media. It has gone into a isolationist phase after 2013 and the unification of Kalos and Selene.
OOC: Well, now I feel stupid. I guess this thread should be deleted then. I should be able to annex that tiny territory, right? I mean, it doesn't seem like anything too significant, in terms of size and I think it could spice things up.
Actually...
(11-05-2016, 12:42 PM)Justinian Kalominos Wrote: [ -> ]OOC:
I would advise against it, since we have no proof that there was ever a nation there, not to mention any future member that claims that land should be free to create their own national history. In any case, your plot is well below the size limit. Would you want me to simply add that land to your territory?
I suppose simply adding that piece of land to my territory seems like the best thing to do, just to avoid the bureaucracy. You can delete this thread now, if you want to.
There's no need to delete any threads. Just let it sink.