Region of Selene

Full Version: Real world religions, ideologies historical figures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically, I'm just not sure how to mention real-world ideologies and religions IC that are significant to my country, or the people who influenced them. Like, would it be more RP-friendly to assume those real world figures just existed at some point somewhere in Artemia, OR come up with new names for those people and/or their ideologies/religions?

I feel like this is a minor point probably, but it's gonna bug me as I try to write my history whenever I get around to it if I don't ask :p
Personally I don't like having RL ideologies and religions included, though it depends on the way in which they are mentioned. I don't cringe when someone mentions communism by itself, but I would cringe if someone mentioned Marx and his life, or if someone started mentioning Catholicism and the Vatican or Islam and Mecca. I think RP should involve coming up with our own explanations for major ideologies and religions.

That's just me though. Since this is The Agora, I welcome discussion. Smile
I cringe when people overuse the word cringe.
As a Byzantinophile I find it my duty to make every single nation of mine 100% Orthodox. I sort of have this headcanon that my main nation is a result of Byzantine exiles getting sucked into a wormhole and pooped out in whichever NS region I have it in. This way I can reference real world stuff prior to the PoD.
Lol I wasn't really planning on including specifics about say Marx's life or anything like that. The way you put it though makes sense, new creators for all of my country's ideas it is.
With international concepts like communism I think it would make sense to agree among each other who was the leading figure.
For the purposes of the RP I would also like to have a a main communist or post-communist country that I can dislike and rattle my saber at
Oscad is anarcho-communist so you could hate on us.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Also if we're going to have a person who invented communism, I'd like to have it be a Soltek. I'd like to detail in my nation's history about how they feel about a fellow Soltek inventing something they view as an enemy.
Also go away you commie scum of Oscad Tongue
(10-08-2016, 02:24 PM)Justinian Kalominos Wrote: [ -> ]With international concepts like communism I think it would make sense to agree among each other who was the leading figure.

This sounds good. I don't mind where it will have originated from, just want to found the branch of my own people's ideology then.

Feel free to saber rattle away at me too, for RP purposes.
Pages: 1 2