Region of Selene

Full Version: Book Club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Have you read a book recently? Will you read one soon? Do you have any book recommendations for your fellow regionmates? Share them here!

I just finished reading The Final Cut by Michael Dobbs, which was my book of the week. If you are a House of Cards fan, I highly recommend the book trilogy, since that is what inspired both the British and American series. My book for next week will be The Silmarillion, probably followed by Children of Hurin.

How about you?
Favorite book series ever is Wheel of Time. I'm just sad that it will never get the attention of book series like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones due to some untrustworthy company sitting on the rights to make a show out of it and doing nothing with it. Messy situation. And now nobody has ever heard of it. Except for the people who really like it because nobody hates Wheel of Time.
Although, I could understand them not liking Robert Jordan's other books. Most recently, I tried his earlier books since I could find them at the public library. They were... not so good. Apparently I'm not a Robert Jordan fan, just a Wheel of Time fan. Oh well. Probably happens to all the good authors, I doubt Harry Potter was the first thing J K Rowling ever wrote.
I really enjoyed Jurassic Park. As a sci fi fan, I especially liked the data he presented with it in the book, like the code of Nedry and the age distribution graphs of the velociraptors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you tried The Martian?
Is a political book an actual book? If so, I'm reading a borrowed one from the library named "Political Ideologies: Their Origins and Impact". If not, then I'm not reading much.
Well, I'm reading To Kill A Mockingbird. It's not as enjoyable as I thought. It's honestly just the southern attitude. It's a culture I can't stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(09-27-2016, 09:44 PM)Fornoire Wrote: [ -> ]Is a political book an actual book? If so, I'm reading a borrowed one from the library named "Political Ideologies: Their Origins and Impact". If not, then I'm not reading much.

It has pages. It's a book.
(09-27-2016, 09:44 PM)Fornoire Wrote: [ -> ]Is a political book an actual book? If so, I'm reading a borrowed one from the library named "Political Ideologies: Their Origins and Impact". If not, then I'm not reading much.

How is that? I find it hard to imagine a book like that wouldn't fall victim to the author's individual slant (unless I'm misunderstanding it's intent based on descriptions), but if not it sounds interesting. The only negative reviews I see are from people that just seem mad it didn't fulfill their preconceptions.
(09-27-2016, 10:27 PM)Justinian Kalominos Wrote: [ -> ]

It has pages. It's a book.

Without context, I thought this was the most passive aggressive thing you have ever said.
I'm not reading anything at the moment, but I'm kinda interested in picking up either Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto or Niccolò Machiavelli's The Prince
Pages: 1 2 3