Region of Selene

Full Version: The Soltek Space Agency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Edward Yutan has announced his plans for building missions to the moon. "We will meet our gods in the heavens, and will conquer and colonize the galaxy," said Yutan. "The technology isn't quite there, but in several decades ahead of our time, the Sol Federation will be known on Earth as the first colonizers of the universe. Now, we must achieve this one step at a time. So I introduce the Space Exploration and Conquest Agency, or SECA for short. We will send a man to the moon. Some may call us mad, but I say that if we don't do it, then who will? Glory to the Solteks! Death to Selene!"

OOC: Your leaders may react to this news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[OOC]: I'm going to assume until told otherwise that there is in fact, one moon, and that it's similar to Earth's.

Aethelia's leader JEM makes a similar call to action.

"All people of Aethelia: I have for you an opportunity, and a challenge. There exists a place where no Aethelian has been before. A place that, according to my most well informed advisors, has no crime, war, or suffering, a place far away from the troubles we experience here... No, not the bottom of the ocean, but we'll explore that later as well. Look up... No, not the clouds, those aren't even solid... No, not the Sun either, that's too hot. The Moon. We're going to send a team to touch, and explore, the moon. We haven't quite figured out how yet, but we're working on that, and I can assure you, that when we get the details figured out, such as how to leave the ground and not immediately return to it, that this will all be worth it. And, worse case scenario and it takes awhile, even if we do not land the first person on the moon, at least we'll land the first woman on the moon."

Aethelia's excellent education system and advances in science have granted them confidence that they have the knowledge required to reach the Moon. At least, in theory. However, their industry and ability to actually build things is far too lacking to build a rocket anytime soon.
(09-23-2016, 08:20 PM)Aethelia Wrote: [ -> ][OOC]: I'm going to assume until told otherwise that there is in fact, one moon, and that it's similar to Earth's.

Justinian and I are discussing it. No definitive timeline yet, but I expect it to be out in a week's or less time.
"As a worldly man," Said The Don, through a boiler-room video call to Blasthole's council chamber, "I don't know too much about the moon. But I do know this: We gotta get there 'fore somebody else does. Got summa my best guys in the labs and the Car Shops on it. I mean, let's jus face it; somebody's gonna build weapons on the moon, then we're all pretty #/&ped, ain't we? We gotta put heat on the moon before anyone else, so we're the guys doin' the threatenin' and the lordin' ovah, not the guys worryin' about half the world gettin' whacked in our sleep, dig? That's why I propose we build the rocket that pushes itself inna space by blowin' up  tiny nukes!... I mean, 'slong's we convince somebody to let us build it in a place we don't own."

"Grossly subversive and conniving as usual," wrote Lady Broadside through the AOL pigeon service, "If we don't go to the moon expecting conflict, then perhaps conflict need not occur! Going to the moon will not be a symbol of brutish power, but a sign of our culture and advancement! When we inevitably claim the moon for Muterra, it will be with only the prettiest of spaceships! One that makes blue fire and sparkles! My top scientists and artists are working in perfect tandem to achieve this!"
A public speaker, by the name of Malthu has proposed the building of a space program in Oscad, to make sure that it is not exploited by capitalists. 'We cannot let the exploiters take hold of the moon, it should be free for all to explore and share. If we let the Sol Federation, who are known capitalists and dictators, take hold of the moon, then it will be privatized and closed off from everyone. We must not let this happen friends, we need to reach it before them, we have better production, technology and better economy than them and so will easily be able to beat them in the race to the moon. So what do you say friends, shall we show up the capitalists in the ultimate race of glory, or shall we let the moon be another instrument of exploitation. This is why I am forwarding a proposal to build the Oscad Space Program, and I hope you all vote for it!' he received great support from the crowd and the vote that followed received 67% for and 33% against.
The construction of the Oscad Space Program has begun, with the nations economy and superior production meaning that they have a good chance of being the first, although their optional work policies mean that production will vary from time to time.
Sach'aqan officials have confirmed that there is no goal to get to the moon, presently, but have repeated, "[QU] We are committed to ensuring that our astronauts currently in space aboard our station will continue to function, and any threats to their safety will be taken very seriously."

Edward Yutan despite the odds being against him, plans to claim the moon for the Sol Federation. The first rocket is being built with a huge amount of workers that have 16 hours of work a day. Some do not have breaks. They still willing work for the nation, viewing that they are helping the leader and the nation, a sign of the Soltek's strong patriotism. Yutan also announced his plans to increase spending on education, to increase the standard of living. He then gave a statement on the working conditions in SECA. "We must all work hard in order to achieve progress. All Solteks, we have to do this! We have to defeat Selene and its allies! And it looks we have a new rival on the horizon. A nation full of communists. I'm talking about Oscad. Their people are savages who live under an anarcho-communist society. For the ultimate battle against communism, we must get to the moon and take it for ourselves!" Thousands of Solteks cheered on.

Although construction on a rocket or means to get to the moon has not begun, the building that will house the Oscad Space Program is already underway. Production is all the more increased by the fact that the people are fighting against capitalism. Most people have worked voluntarily more than the 5 hours a day that is required usually.