Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Procellias Departure

As we all probably know by now Procellia (much to my regret) has left us. He played a big part of the story that has happened so far in the Media Cavea, making the first popular shared roleplay thread 'The Great Meeting' which sparked the ideas for many role plays after it, and will continue to do so. Since he played such a big part and is so intertwined in all of our nations stories it seems criminal to pretend that he didn't exist. So I propose that we create a rebellion thread, detailing how Procellia, due to it's going into isolation once again, broke apart and was destroyed by rebellion. This makes way for new nations in the spot previously occupied by him, and means that his leaving OOC can be explained IC. The conditions of this are:

1) All nations claiming plots in the continent previously occupied by Procellia must indicate this, detailing the rebellion in their nations history.

2) Procellia is not to be cut out of any existing lore, as that would defeat the purpose.

3) If Procellia does return he may not have his own land back, but should be top priority if he wants to claim part of the existing continent as this keeps it lore friendly and means he won't start from scratch.

4) This should be made clear to all nations joining the forum.

5) No one may change or twist these rules, save the admin.

Hopefully if this is fulfilled we can carry on with our role playing without breaking the lore and that this proposal can serve as the basis for any incident occurring in which another important nation leaves.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I will review this Ruling request. If any have supporting or opposing arguments, I welcome their input here and will consider them in my own decision.

RULING FROM THE FOUNDER

In response to the request for a legality ruling on the contents of the thread titled "The Procellian Revolution" by Kitty Cat Paradise, the Founder rules as follows:

I. Corpus Juris has no provision on the future course of nations that have been removed from the Map of Artemia. While it indicates that nations cannot be controlled by others, this assumes the user is actively controlling their nation. In cases where the user loses control as determined by Corpus Juris, the same shall be automatically transferred to the Founder, who shall be empowered to make all determinations over the maintenance or removal of said nation in such a way that ensures the continued internal consistency of the regional canon.

II. Procellia may not receive preferential treatment in the case of a future claim over their original plot and will be subjected to all claims regulations as applicable at the time of its request, but their previous presence in the map will be considered should they make an appeal for a larger plot size or alternate plot shape, as mandated by Corpus Juris.

III. In view of the importance of Procellia for the internal consistency of the regional canon, the circumstances and effects of its disappearance will be determined by a convention of all roleplayers presided by the Founder, provided that such mechanism should not necessarily be construed as binding precedent. Until such a time that a decision regarding Procellia is made, its continued existance shall be presumed.

IV. Kitty Cat Paradise is commended on their initiative and proactive attitude toward the disappearance of Procellia and shall be given preferential speaking time at the mandated convention to advocate for their position regarding the future course of Procellia.

Justinian Kalominos
Founder of Selene