Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Regional Reform

[Image: Royal_Seal.png]

Regional Reform
Empire of Selene

Esteemed Selenids,

It has been over three years since our region was founded. Selene was an idea: a community where NationStates would remain, first and foremost, a game, where roleplaying would be a fun activity for all to share. Over the past couple of years, I cannot help but wonder if we have lost sight of that idea, and tried to become something that we are not.

We tried to become a standard Modern Tech region, but in so trying we stopped being fun, exciting and unique. What fun is there in roleplaying in a world much like our own, without added incentives, wiggle room for creativity or hardly anything to set us apart from others? We must be honest with ourselves and admit that there is much for improvement, but also much opportunity for renewal and future success.

I have consulted with the Prime Minister over the past few days, let alone few weeks, and we have come to the conclusion that profound change is needed, on a scale not seen since the first year of this region. To that effect, I would like to announce some changes:
  1. The Privy Council is dismissed. They have my deepest thanks for their long service to the region, and I hope they will remain in Selene and help in the work to remake it.
  2. Parthenopias and Sizhou are appointed Privy Councillors for Roleplay Reform, and will be tasked with the arduous work of remaking the region, though always with the input of its members.
  3. In the spirit of the change that will sweep the region, all letters patent are rescinded, with the exception of titles held by the Emperor or the Crown Prince.
  4. Corpus Juris will remain the law of the region, though some changes to its other chapters, especially Chapters IV and V, should be expected.
For a more formal version of these decisions, please refer to Royal Order 1901.

With that announcement out of the way, I would like to go into detail on the changes that we can all expect moving forwards:
  1. The Map of Artemia, and all accompanying history, will be voided.
  2. Selene will cease to be a Modern Tech region; instead we will transition to Post-Modern Tech.
  3. There will be two habitable planets. One planet will host the human species. The other planet will host three species, two of which will be playable.
Specifics on just how "post-modern" our tech level will be, how the solar system will work and which how participation and plots will work will be forthcoming. I hope we can, in due time, involve everyone in this discussion, but I also hope we all understand that some decisions will have to be made by the Privy Council, in order to ensure an orderly transition.

If all goes well, I would hope to enact these changes no later than December. Until then, please do share your thoughts on these proposed changes, and your ideas on how to make them work for the region in general, and for each of you in particular.

Justinian Kalominos
Emperor of Selene