Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Septima and the AU

Through productive conversation between the members of the AU in an OOC context, it was decided on a final note that the Seven Republics are not a current member of the Artemian Union, nor have they been for a number of years.

Initially formed after the Peninsular War between Kalos and Selene, and their respective allies and partners in the conflict, the Artemian Union contained the Empire of Selene, the Principality of Sartoria, the Seven Republics, and the Serene Thalassocracy of Parthenopias, and is a primarily military and economic alliance. The decades after the war was marked by a desire on the part of Kalos to avoid another war, as successive Grand Commanders have been more diplomatic than the one during the conflict.

During these years, however, difficulties in the alliance manifested into major problems. The rivalry of the Serene Thalassocracy and the Republics before the war would not easily be broken down, nor would either side take the major steps necessary to begin the long process. This resulted in a gridlock of sorts over major policy issues affecting either side’s influence or power, with barely any compromise.

The election of 1980 saw a hard-right government come to power in the Republics, forming the basis of populism in Septima for decades to come. The major campaign promise that awarded them power in the election was the withdrawal of the nation from the Artemian Union due to “Major Grievances”. The process was started very quickly the following year, and after a two year process of disentangling, in 1983 the Seven Republics stood on their own in the world, and the AU was reduced to three nations.

Should there be any questions I’m sure Parthenopias, Justinian, or I would be happy to answer them, but I feel as though this is a good summary.