Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Kauzka-Procellia meeting [IC]

The Dras thought for a moment, carefully considering his options. He trusted her, as she'd already ridden out the mess of the terrorist attack, but it would be foolish to do anything to brash. There was also the neutrality of the empire, anything to over the top would without question violate those laws.

'Something that makes a statement, but doesn't violate our neutrality' he thought to himself. It really was an evil little riddle.

'Well we can't form alliances, but the law does only specify not taking sides in conflicts. It even says in the law that we can offer more or less favorable trade agreements to individual countries, so long as it doesn't support a war effort' he thought, then an idea hit him. An idea that just might work.

"Sasaufe how would you feel about a new home for your parliament? A rising nation needs a place to assemble and since we recognised you as the legitimate government before our neutrality laws I think I can get the assembly to approve of the idea!" He said excitedly, imagining the possibilities for the building

(Ooc: What style of building is native to your country? Procellia is a mix of French and Russian)

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Ignore this post the forum is glitching again

'Yeah that sounds great! At the moment we had meetings in the palace of Sanctuarum but I think a new government house is in order, perhaps in Hiask Garden or another historical site. I could show it to the people as a sign of our friendship and from the buildings I've seen here it would become a historical figure! Imagine grandparents 100 years from now, talking about a meeting that sparked the building of a government house and signified a friendship of countries that would last as long as the stone itself, it's quite poetic really' Sasaufe said, also getting quite excited about the idea.
(OOC a sort of ancient Egyptian but lower to the ground and more wood based, with hints of Medieval Norse style)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The Dras thought for a moment and said "Hey I've got an idea! Vemel could you please grab me some paper and a pen?"

The TSgt quickly bowed and went to retrieve the items

"I'm not sure if I mentioned it but I'm a bit of an artist. Nothing of note of course but I have an idea for you."

The solider quickly returned with the requested items, and was thanked by his leader. Ishay quickly took the fountain pen and drew up what he'd had in mind.

"Was this what you had in mind?" He asked several minutes later, handing her the pad

[Image: dfd65d4d4855b66ae6cefa164130d725.jpg]

'Wow that's perfect. You captured the size and solidity of Procellian building while still capturing the essence of Kauzka in there. You shouldn't underestimate yourself you are a great artist!' Sasaufe studied the picture for s few seconds before saying 'are you sure you weren't an architect or something?' she asked.

The Dras laughed embarrassed "You flatter me to much Sasaufe, I just know my country's architecture well. So adapting it for a lower profile was easy, the hard part is the engineering team that will make this a reality."

Letting her have the drawing he added "I'll have parliament vote on it tomorrow, I warn you they'll expect you to pay for it and building like a Procellian is not cheap but..." he gestured out the window at the town which was obscured by the blizzard "there is a reason this city has buildings older than some countries despite us being in an earthquake zone."

'Don't worry about the expense I can handle that' Sasaufe assured 'what's the time though because I'm getting quite hungry?' She said and stood up walking towards the door.

Ishay checked his watch, and raised his eyebrows in surprise at the time. It was indeed already seven in the afternoon, dinner was already cooked and probably under a heat lamp in the kitchen.

"Well I'm sorry about that. I had no idea that it had gotten so late, let's go grab some dinner." He said, leading the group once again through the complex network of halls and stairs.

The dining hall was back down on the main floor, making it a very long hike down from the sixth floor guest room, though the Dras barely seemed to notice.

The dining room was a massive space, with a steel and glass table that could easily sit two hundred people, and a wall of windows overlooking one of the several snow covered courtyards. Ishay, embarrassed to have missed his own dinner, quickly ran to the kitchen and with the help of his two men brought out several hot plates of a rich beef and noodle pasta, coated in a red sauce that smelled spicy.

"I hope that you guys don't mind food with kick, it's popular here in the mountains" Ishay said, as he set the plates in front of everyone including the soldiers.

Sasaufe took in a deep breath of the food and then tried a bit of beef, evaluating the taste. 'Hmm I hope you don't mind but I'm a bit of a critic when it comes to food' she said as she took a small bit of the pasta. 'Hmm it's a tiny bit too spicy for me but I think if it was toned down a bit then I would really enjoy it as the sauce contemplates both the pasta and beef in different way, it really brings the meal together' she said 'it's definitely a good dish and you'll find many cooks in Kauzka who would praise this but I'm not a bit fan of spicy foods, I'm more of a sweet and sour person' she took another bit but this time with both the pasta and the beef. She nodded as she tasted all of the flavours going together and bringing out the taste in each other. She had only tried this sort of spicy beef pasta once, which was when she was 18 at the 'Eccentric Chef' restaurant in Messes, where she attended university. The menu was full of things uncommon in Kauzka and some of them could be bought no where else. It was actually by going there a lot that she developed a more critical thinking of food, and after university she had travelled a bit and enjoyed a lot of the Latin and Byzantine food that Selene had to offer. She smiled and nodded at the Dras to show her approval.

"I'll be sure to ask the chef for some southern food next time" Ishay replied, not at all offended "it's much more about simple flavors so it might be more to your liking"

Looking out the window at the three inches of accumulated snow the Dras asked "Tell me what do you think about our weather here? I assume a blizzard in August isn't a normal event in Kauzka?"